Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ovo je egzibicija, to je nemoguce proceniti
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzsyKXSs-Y

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you...
    with experience.

Comment

• oboren rekord

Here's the most remarkable thing to me about Federer: Seems to me that the more you know about tennis, the more amazed you are by the guy. If you know nothing at all about tennis, he's amazing. If you know a little something about tennis—maybe you have played a few times in your life—he's more amazing. If you know a little more about tennis—maybe you played in high school and once had illusions of becoming a pro—he's even MORE amazing. And if you were a great player—if you are a McEnroe or a Connors or a Jim Courier—then Federer is preposterously amazing

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Linet

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Linet je bila zvezda veceri

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• intervju za svajcarske novine
            b92 je preveo deo, normalno da nisu sve tacno preveli

«As a student I was mediocre»

He has loved southern Africa since childhood. And wants to contribute to a better future for the continent. Roger Federer on children's songs, safari, pioneering people - and the hope for his own kids.

51,954 fans, new world record for a tennis match, $ 3.5 million in revenue for the Roger Federer Foundation: As its 6th edition the charity tennis event “Match for Africa” between Federer and a world-class opponent was a “Match in Africa“ for the first time. The match in Cape Town against Rafael Nadal is a complete success for the Swiss tennis star and his foundation, which has been running and supporting educational programs in southern Africa for 16 years. The day after the match, the happy, but also exhausted Maestro - "everything hurts and I also got a sunburn " - meets the „Schweizer Illustrierte“ for a talk at the Cape.

Roger Federer, you seem agitated after the match and all the activities around it. How did you sleep, so full of adrenaline?

Short but good. I can't even remember turning back in bed. I was actually very moved. I don't know anything that could have gone better. And when my mom came on the court here in her home country, I had to fight that the emotions didn't overwhelm me.

Has this been a new highlight in the relationship between you and your second home South Africa?

For me, little will change in the relationship with Africa. But I think for the people here with me for sure. I always used to hear before that I was “one of them”. And now that I've been here for this event, they've gotten confirmation of it. For me it was above all a moment that is extremely important in my life. Also because a lot came back from my childhood, in which I spent a lot of time down here with my parents and my sister.

Have you been here regularly in adulthood?

Not anymore. Tour life just didn't allow it. On the one hand, I often regretted this. On the other hand, it is now even nicer that my appearance at the “Match in Africa” was so special for everyone. Otherwise 52,000 people would not have come to the stadium.

During the afternoon game session with children from the townships, we noticed how naturally you moved among them and how relaxed you allowed physical closeness. A result of your own life as a dad?

I would think so. When professional colleagues take photos with children, those without their own children are often a little stiff. Although I have to say that Rafa treated the little ones very warmly yesterday. He is used to it from his own foundation. And it's really very easy for me. Instead of my four kids there is now a group of hundred, no problem. My two boys will be six in May, so they are exactly the same age as the children who played with Rafa and me. I know very well how they react when they fall on their knees or do not immediately understand an exercise. I would have been more clumsy in the past

You even sang a song to the kids …

… O yes, even over the microphone. That was not planned. But when they sang along with their nice voices, I quickly calmed down.

But it sounded really good, your solo. Is the good-night-song at home your job too?

Thanks, that calms me down, I hit the notes (laughs). But no, I don't really sing very often at home with the little ones. We prefer to listen to music from the radio or something and then dance to it together. I'm more of a bedtime stories reader.

How much influence did your mother Lynette have on the fact that you run your projects in Africa?

I can't really say that anymore. But it is logical that we went to this continent with the Foundation because of her South African origin. During the transition from junior age to touring life I was very lucky to be surrounded by the right people who showed me the direction: Marc Rosset, the trainers Peter Lundgren and Peter Carter, who helped me like a little brother , but of course my parents too. At some point, the commitment to Africa was simply obvious.

How is it with the language? Your mother answered Afrikaans effortlessly at the stadium. Do you master that too?

I understand it a little bit and also talk a little bit. It is related to German. But I could never really come through with that. Interestingly, my grandfather sent my mother to an English-language school in Johannesburg back then, which was quite unusual for Afrikaans-speaking South Africans at that time.

So your children probably have little relation to their grandmother's roots in this regard. Are they familiar with the work of the Foundation thpugh?

They know why mom and dad can't be with them for a few days at the moment. They asked, and then I told them about what we're doing with the Foundation down here. They understand that well. It is my dream that they will later give back some of their happiness with something that their heart advises them then to do.

Nevertheless, the Foundation is also active in Switzerland.

That was also important to me. It's just not how many think that we are all just fine here. Children from difficult backgrounds should not be forgotten. The fact that we concentrated on southern Africa also has to do with financial reasons. Because all project countries are close together, the Foundation does not lose money unnecessarily for administrative work. And down here in the south of the continent, a lot of help is really needed in the field of education.

Why do you actually help with education and not in the area of ​​health or infrastructure?

That came from me. I always knew I wanted to do something with children. And not just promotion, but something with a direct encounter. In addition, physical suffering just upsets me too much. I can hardly bear that. So I decided on education. Together with health, it is everything in life.

Did you enjoy going to school yourself?

Yes, actually, even if I was happy when it was over and I could concentrate on tennis. But I was lucky enough to always have good teachers.

And you were a good student too?

Mediocre, I would say. But I always tried really hard. Sometimes I just got a little tired from sitting and listening. Then they had to use all their motivational tricks to keep me going.

You were regularly on vacation in South Africa during your childhood. What is your earliest memory of it?

Difficult to say. My memories are mainly formed by old photos - me in pyjamas on the beach, hours of traveling in a rental car on safari, the endless waiting and the impatient question: when will we finally see the impalas, the zebras? Today is easier because you can see the animals almost on order.

An experience that you have already given your children?

Not yet, we think they were too young for that. They would not have had the patience yet.

South Africa also means tourism. What do you think has to be seen to say that one got to know South Africa?

Above all, you have to take your time. I would not only travel to South Africa, but also try to visit countries like Namibia, Botswana or Zimbabwe. Sure, you can't miss a safari, it's unique. And Cape Town is already a global hotspot. Mirka and I will drive to the Cape of Good Hope tomorrow. She has never been to this area. We also want to visit the vineyards. I've never been to Table Mountain by the way. It's a must, so I keep it as a good reason to come back here soon.

And on the sporting side, what do you need to know?

Rugby, of course! Cricket too, but rugby is a little closer to me. I was extremely happy to meet Siya Kolisi, the captain of the national team, the Springboks, at this event. I also know individual members of the 2007 world championship team, Bryan Habana or Percy Montgomery, from the World Sports Awards in Saint Petersburg. Or the rugby legend Os du Randt. I am very impressed with their athleticism.

Are they even more athletic than Roger Federer?

Oh man! We did a muscle selfie here at “Match in Africa”, Rafa Nadal, Siya Kolisi and me. How I looked compared to them….

It was the first time that you played competitive tennis in South Africa. A check mark on the sporty bucket list in late autumn of your career?

Exactly. I just had to give them that and fulfill my own dream. It was not entirely without risk. Can we really fill such a giant stadium here, or do we disgrace ourselves? I would have played in a smaller stadium. But when the match was sold out within minutes, the relief and pride were huge. I would have loved to organize a second match right away so that all interested South Africans can get a ticket. But that would have been too much of a good thing. So we have the motivation for hopefully getting a second edition of the event down here soon.

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• audio intervju koji je dao kad je bio u Africi, definitivno potvrdjuje da igra samo RG na sljaci, tako da je raspored Dubai, IW, Majami, pa RG, Hale, W

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p083wdn8

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• nista to ne vazi

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Je l isto koleno od pre ili...?
                  sigpic

Pablo Sandoval: A guy can change anything.. his face, his home, his family, his girlfriend, his religion, his God.
                  But there's one thing he can't change... he can't change his passion.

Comment

• Nije, ono je bilo levo koleno

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Ihaaa, pa on ce ispanuti iz prvih 4. Ako se to desi, kakva ce on biti mina nekome u 1/4 Wimbledona, uzas..

Comment

• Mislim da je trenutno totalno nebitno sto ce ispasti iz top 4...

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• Dobro, razlicite su nam percepcije po pitanju Fedje..

Comment

• Brz oporavak mu želim.

Послато са SM-G975F помоћу Тапатока

Comment

• Paul

“The big challenge in my experience is the older you get, the harder it is to come back from anything,” Paul Annacone, Federer’s former coach, said in a telephone interview. “But these all-time greats are aberrations, not the rule, so you risk your own peril to predict what’s going to happen, pro or con. In 2010, when I started with him, people were wondering when he was going to retire.”
                              “I can promise you he is a very thoughtful decision maker,” Annacone said. “I think probably he approaches everything from the macro perspective: what gives him the best chance to do well and stay really healthy for a longer period of time.”

Federer showed no clear signs of a knee injury during that match, chasing down lobs and lunging for groundstrokes and volleys as he and Nadal played three sets of singles.
                              But one of Federer’s skills, Annacone said, is how rarely he discusses his injuries, “so you don’t ever really know quite how healthy he is.”
                              “We take for granted the way he plays that he’s generally pretty healthy, but he plays through a lot,” Annacone said.

“He just got to the semis of the Aussie Open by the skin of his teeth basically, but he was there, and those are the moments all those greats live for,” Annacone said. “So I’m not quite ready to write him off. And you look at his grass-court record and how unique his game is for grass, I don’t see any reason he can’t still win Wimbledon.”

sigpic

with experience.

Comment

• "Očekujemo Federera na Rolan Garosu 2021. godine" | Sport Klub SR
                                http://sportklub.rs/Tenis/ATP/a32455...1.-godine.html

Direktor Rolan Garosa Gi Forže smatra da Rodžer Federer neće ove godine završiti karijeru, te očekuje da se naredne pojavi na turniru u Parizu.

Comment

Working...
                                X