No announcement yet.

Kobe Bryant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobe Bryant has signed a two year contract worth $48 million for his last 2-seasons, $23.5 million and $25 million, will remain the NBA's highest-paid player.
    Spoiler

Comment

• Nagadja se da se Kobe vraca 6. decembra

Comment

z Los Angeles Lakersa su poslali i službenu najavu: Kobe Bryant se na košarkaške parkete vraća u nedjelju navečer. Tada će njegova momčad odigrati domaću utakmicu protiv Toronta

Last edited by Rossonero; 07-12-13, 15:18.

Comment

• Kobe Bryant je u NBA ligi odigrao 54,163 minute što je 5. najbolji takav učinak svih vremena!

Comment

• Comment

• LeBron James spoke at length on Kobe Bryant, said he always wanted to face him in the Finals, says Kobe can come back from anything.

"I saw exactly when it happened and I didn't think he was gong to return to that game when it [knee injury] happened, but he did. There's a few guys in our league who can come back from anything, and obviously he's one of them."

"When you take the best player of the franchise off their team, it speaks volumes. He's meant so much to the league since he got here in '96, and his five championships, and the rest of his resume, what he's been able to do for this league and this city, it means a lot. Especially games like today, and marquee games, you definitely want to have the best players out there. It's unfortunate that injuries will keep some guys out."

James said he has always wanted to face Bryant in the Finals.
              "It would have definitely been great. I think I wanted it, I think he wanted it. I didn't do my part one year, we lost in Orlando in the conference finals, so I didn't do my part to meet him there. And I'm not quite sure what happened in '07 with the Lakers, but I ended up facing San Antonio. It would definitely be great to go against him in the Finals, but it never happened, and I don't know if it will happen or it won't. He's one of the greatest competitors that we've seen. He has five championships ... his resume is ... a lotta people would love to have that."

LeBron added: "Obviously we all get older every year, but the caliber of player he is, he can put up 20 every night if he wanted to. He’s going to get healthy and he’s going to play the game he loves. When he gets back, he’s going to play at a high level. I been hearing people giving their stupid opinion on what he should do. He’s not going to sit. That’s not him. I’ve got much respect for him."
              OVAKO

Comment

• Danas se navršava oam godina od istorijskog meča Kobea

Comment

• Comment

• Svijet je poharao tzv. ‪#‎IceBucketChallenge‬, evo kako je to izveo Kobe.

Comment

• Srećan rođendan matori

Comment

• On this date 18 years ago, 16-time all-star and 5-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant made his debut for the Los Angeles Lakers ‪#‎BlackMamba‬

Comment

• Još 100 poena, idemo matori

Comment

• Comment

• Let's have a talk about Kobe Bryant. Because everybody seems to have turned on the Mamba. People are saying he should retire, that it pains them to see him like this, some people even had the audacity to suggest sending him to the D-League.

But that's the problem with today's fans. They never watched Michael Jordan have 6 and 8 point games in his last season with the Wizards. They never watched Larry Bird literally struggle to stand as he ended his career with the Celtics. They don't remember Bob Cousy bringing the entire Garden to tears as he was on his last legs, infamously known as the Boston Tear Party.

It's a part of the struggle. Modern fans who started watching in 2010 have no concept of what a player with that many miles looks like. Fucking enjoy Kobe, even if he isn't playing great right now. This is the end of the road.

"[Kobe's] cursed as much as I am. He can’t do the same things that he used to, and the success is not quite as simple as it used to be. He wants it so bad that he’s willing to go to the extreme." - Michael Jordan

In no other vocational arena do we give aging professionals, who have given their heart and soul to their jobs, as much shit as we do to athletes at the end of their careers. Look no further than Peyton Manning this season for another example.

If Kobe retires tonight, the Lakers don't magically become a playoff team. How much of a detriment is he really? He's not responsible for young player development, that's the coaches job. Byron Scott sat D'Angelo, a rookie 2nd pick PG, in the 4th quarter of a blowout. That's insane, but it isn't Kobe's fault.

Kobe is human too. He is a hell of a competitor. He doesn't want to shoot 1 for 14. He's been injured for 2 years. He hasn't been on the court. At a certain point, you just want to be able to hear the roar of the crowd one last time before you call it quits. Just for the love of the game.

His pride is what made him great, and it is what is causing him to struggle right now. But who knows, maybe he will go back into Magic Mamba mode and start having 10+ assist games like he did a few seasons ago. Maybe he keeps shooting until his arms fall off. Either way, Kobe is going out the only way he knows how. Competing. He will give it his all, and even if the shots aren't falling, he will still be pushing himself, even if his body refuses to cooperate.

Kobe dedicated his life to the game. From 4 years old until now. 20 seasons in the league. He's been in the league longer than guys like D'Angelo Russell have even been alive. Let that sink in.

This year isn't about expecting him to be 2008 Kobe and average 25. The LA Lakers were never going to make the playoffs. Just be happy he is on the court and is giving fans one last chance to see him.

Every night won't be some stellare vintage Mamba performance. He's have games where it is very clear it's the end, that's because it is. That's reality.

Basketball is a game. It's not that serious. Kobe's legacy is fine. If you think this defines how people will remember him, you are insane and suffer from an acute case of recency bias. Just let him have one last go around.

He'll have a vintage game at some point this year when he drops like 28 and 7 and we can be happy we got to witness the mamba one last time. Chill the fuck out. It will be over before you even realize it and you will be wondering where your childhood hero went.

Grow up. Stop calling him tired, stop calling him old, stop asking him to retire. Because you will be the same ones crying when his jersey goes up in the rafters and he gets a statue in front of Staples.

Comment

• Evo NBA notifikacija upravo. Kobe se povlaci definitivno posle ove sezone
                                1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004
                                1997 1999 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2008 2009 2015
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X