Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serie A 2013/2014 - (diskutovanje i komentarisanje utakmica uzivo)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benvenuto Mr Stramaccioni

IO NON RUBO IL CAMPIONATO
    ED IN SERIE B NON SON MAI STATO
    C'E SOLO L'INTER

Comment

• Cagliari takeover falls through

Cagliari’s prospective sale to a US consortium appears to have fallen through, as Massimo Cellino attacks Luca Silvestrone.

In representing a group of American-based investors, Silvestrone was reported by Cellino last week as having reached agreement to take over the Sardinian outfit, to release the latter to focus on his new club, Leeds United.

However, with the trail on the prospective €80m deal having since gone cold, Cellino has made clear that things have not progressed as planned.

“There do not exist the funds from the USA to purchase Cagliari,” Cellino is quoted by today’s edition of L’Unione Sarda.

“I have not seen anyone from the meeting last Wednesday. They have not paid any deposit of €10m. As for me, I may look for them on [Italian television programme] ‘Chi l’ha visto?’.

“The alleged investors were to come forward once the meeting over the stadium with [Cagliari] mayor Zedda was finished, but this has not happened.

“The only American I met was Dan Meis and he said he was happy to participate in the project for a new Stadio Sant’Elia, but he did not want to hear about money. He dealt only with the technical aspects.

“Silvestrone? I consider him a person with problems. I only met with him because I was asked to loudly by the fans. I believed those who wanted to believe him.

“What credibility is there in a person who applies for a passport for the United States just the day before he is to leave?

“I have always had the impression that Silvestrone represented only himself.”

Even so, with reports that Tommaso Giulini may now re-enter into negotiations, Cellino indicates he will still look to sell the club.

“Now? I will sell Cagliari. This is my last interview as President.”

Comment

Working...
      X