No announcement yet.

Free agency, draft, preseason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kvalitet kosta. Jedino ne znam gde ce da uguraju i tih 10 miliona, jer vec imaju veliki salary.
    Na celom svetu samo Crvena zvezda

Comment

Haha, TO Syndrome strikes. Hajde bre, onaj ko rizikuje sa njima dvojicom, treba ga okaciti na stub srama i gadjati paradajzom, nikakva korist od njih. Samo problemi.

Comment

Ma on za vise od arena fudbala nije vec 5 godina. Svaka mu cast za one godine u 49ersima, nikada nije trebao da ide odande.

Comment

Comment

Toliko je provocirao, da bi na kraju zavrsio u tim Cowboysima.

Comment

Here are some key NFL dates ahead:

Feb. 20 - First day for clubs to designate franchise or transition players.
              Feb. 22-28 - NFL Combine (media access Feb. 23-Feb. 26).
              March 1 - Clubs no longer required to grant permission to another club to discuss position of head coach with an assistant coach.
              March 5 - Deadline to designate franchise or transition tag players (prior to 4 p.m. ET).
              March 13 - Free agency begins at 4 p.m. ET, marking start of 2012 league year (trading begins).
              March 26-28 - NFL annual meeting (Palm Beach, Fla) -- compensatory draft picks awarded etc.
              April 2 - Clubs that hired a new head coach at end of '11 regular season may begin offseason programs.
              April 16 - Clubs with a returning head coach may begin offseason workout programs.
              April 20 - Deadline for signing of offer sheets by restricted free agents.
              April 26-28 - NFL Draft.
              May 16 - Except for a three-day minicamp held within 15 days of the draft, this is the first day that players eligible for the 2012 draft are permitted to participate in minicamps or meetings. If final examinations at a player’s school conclude after this date, the player is prohibited from participating in any activities until after the player’s final day of examinations. If the player has left or leaves school, he is prohibited from participating in any club activities until after the final day of examinations at his school.
              May 21-23 - NFL Spring Meeting.

Comment

Zasto dodjavola? Taman su otkrili Yatesa, bilo bi mi veoma zao da ga uguse. Imaju Leinarta i Shauba. Neko ce tu morati da ide. Jedino ako nisu isplanirali ono sto su predvidjali Coltsima, da Peyton bude ucitelj i da prenese znanje TJu. Ipak je to mnogo smislenije u Coltsima nego u Houstonu. Nesto ne verujem da ce se to desiti, moguce da on zeli da bude blizu kuce, ali ne bih voleo takav scenario.

Comment

Schaub je dobar QB ali cesto kuburi sa nekim povredama.....
                  Mislim da Peyton-u ne odgovara sistem koji koriste Texans-i a to je dosta play-acton i bootleg,on nikada nije igrao ni u necemu pribliznom tome a tu treba dosta jaka ruka a Peyton posle svih ovih operacija pitanje je koliko moze da baci.
                  Mislim da je ovo samo neko nagadjane ovog novinara ali videcemo uskoro sta ce biti sa Peyton-om.

Comment

Schaub mi je jedan od omiljenih QB-ova u ligi. Samo ne znam kakva mu je povreda...Ako bude mogao da se vrati u staru formu,ne vidim razlog da ga menjaju.

Comment

Colts owner Jim Irsay says team 'would love to have' QB Peyton Manning back

Owner Jim Irsay is open to Peyton Manning remaining with the Indianapolis Colts and finishing his NFL career where it began, but the ultimate decision will rest with wether the iconic quarterback is willing to restructure his contract.

“We can make it work if he wants to be here,’’ Irsay said today. “We’d be excited to have him back and finish his career with us.

“I want him to be able to make the choice. We would love to have him back here if he can get healthy and we can look at doing a contract that reflects the uncertainty of the . . . healing process with the regeneration of the nerve.’’

Irsay expects to meet with Manning within the next seven days to discuss Manning’s career with the Colts. Manning is due a $28 million option bonus by March 8 that activates the final four years of the five-year, $90 million contract he signed in July. If Irsay does not pay the bonus, the NFL’s only four-time MVP becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Manning missed the entire 2011 season after undergoing single-level, anterior fusion surgery Sept. 8.

Although Manning has been throwing with regularity, it is believed he has yet to regain full strength in his right arm.

Any new contract with the Colts undoubtedly would be incentive-laden and tied to playing time.

“There’s no question it can be worked out if he wants to be here,’’ said Irsay, who has concerns over Manning’s long-term health. “It can work if he wants to come back and can get back to being the old Peyton.’’

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...TS03/120214035

Comment

Who would you rather have: Your QB or RG3?

Hubba, hubba, hubba, who do you trust? I'm giving away free money!

Okay, so I'm not exactly doing that, but I am doing what Jack Napier tried to do in the original "Batman." The 1989 one. The good one -- not the one where Christian Bale tries to talk like he's doing a Super Dave Osborne impression. I'm trying to get you to trust someone. Robert Griffin III. RG3 is rocketing up everyone's draft boards. He could be the next Cam Newton. He could be the next Michael Vick. He could be the next Aaron Rodgers. Or the next Akili Smith. So do you trust "The Prosecutor"? (I nicknamed him that after interviewing him during Super Bowl week because of his desire to go to law school, and I'm hoping it sticks so I can get some residuals.)

Right now, would you trade your quarterback for Griffin if you could?

Before we answer, this is not a column for everyone. Some teams would scoff at that notion right away, because their current signal caller has accomplished enough that you wouldn't think about replacing him. For example, every team who has a QB that's won a Super Bowl is happy with their guy. So exempt from this are fans of the New York Giants, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots. You are also not in this if you have a proven franchise quarterback in place already. So not participating are the fans of the San Diego Chargers, Carolina Panthers and Detroit Lions. And while there's always that mathematical chance, I don't think there's any way the Indianapolis Colts don't take Andrew Luck.

For the rest of you, it's fair game, and a fair question, but there are a lot of variables. For instance, some teams have a lot of money invested in players who haven't lived up to the hype yet. And some might not do it if they can get their current quarterback more help. While it all goes into the hopper, this is really about how happy you are with your guy.

ARIZONA CARDINALS: I saw enough of Kevin Kolb to tell me he's not the answer in Arizona. John Skelton is a nice QB, but you're not winning anything with him, unless it's for entering "Red" as your answer in a contest to give him a nickname. Griffin has elite skills and it's not even a question for me of eating whatever you have to of Kolb's contract in order to plug Griffin in. If Kolb was a better player, he would have been drafted higher.

ATLANTA FALCONS: Matt Ryan has been terrific his first four years. His TDs keep going up, as does his yardage. The team wins. His playoff performances haven't quite been what you'd expect, but so far his career is following along the lines of Peyton Manning, and he reminds me a lot of Manning in his overall makeup. Which is okay by me. So I keep Matty Ice. And hope he doesn't get a neck injury.

BALTIMORE RAVENS: Joe Flacco had a great playoff game against the Patriots, but he's just been too inconsistent the last four seasons. He can look great for a two- or three-game stretch and then look lost for a month. After four years, this is who you are as a quarterback. He hasn't gotten me to the Super Bowl yet, so I'd take Griffin in this swap. (But if it makes you feel better, Mr. Wannstedt, I will take Flacco over Tyler Palko.)

BUFFALO BILLS: Ugh. You gave Ryan Fitzpatrick a ton of money just in time for him to prove he's an average quarterback. The league has figured him out and I have a feeling that contract is going to be an albatross around the collective necks of the Western New York faithful. I go for the promise of RG3.

CHICAGO BEARS
                        : Harder than it looks, because I think the Bears are Super Bowl contenders and could have gotten there this year if Jay Cutler didn't get hurt. He's in the right system and the Bears can steamroll through teams with him. (Oh my, am I really saying this?) He's a proven all-weather QB so believe it or not, I stick with Cutler.

CINCINNATI BENGALS
                        : Hey, I love Andy Dalton. But as well as Dalton played, Griffin can give you that and the extra dynamic with his mobility. Dalton doesn't strike me as a superstar in the making, but more of a solid player who will be able to post good but not elite numbers; someone you can count on every year to be dependable in his production. Dalton is the best friend who's always there when you need him, wears sweaters over collared shirts and is the voice of reason. That's not enough for me. I want to win it all, and Griffin gives me a better shot at it. It's hard because you only have one good year to base it on, so I'm going with my gut.

CLEVELAND BROWNS: Is this even a question? My only fear is for Griffin's health when he takes the field for the Browns. I will say I think Colt McCoy can be a very good quarterback in a different system with better talent around him. But that's the thing about Griffin, he has that ability to make everyone around him better.

DALLAS COWBOYS: Tony Romo is a very good to nearly great quarterback. But the Cowboys have not been able to turn the Romo era into a successful one. He's been in the league nine years now, with some of the best weapons in football at his disposal and they have one playoff win to show for it. This falls into the category of "I know I haven't seen enough of the other guy yet, but I've seen enough of this guy to know we're not getting where we need to go." This is Griffin.

DENVER BRONCOS: Turn the page on Tebowmania? That's Linsanity! But Griffin has better skills throwing the football and that won't change in a hundred years. I barricade my office door to guard against the angry fans and I go with Griffin. And I'd love to see Jimmy Fallon dressed up as half-Griffin, half-horse for his next sketch.

HOUSTON TEXANS: The Texans are on the cusp of the Super Bowl. Or are they? As prolific as Matt Schaub has been, he's never won a playoff game. In fact, he's never been IN a playoff game. His best has been pretty good. But if I said what I did about Romo, that has to apply even more here. I'm rolling the dice with Griffin. Can you imagine a Griffin-Foster backfield? I thought so.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
                        : Is this even a question, part two? No one knows if Blaine Gabbert can be a franchise quarterback, but in a year where every other rookie came in and played well to varying degrees except for him, what does that say? Yes, give me the Heisman Trophy winner.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: My mouth waters if I'm a Chiefs fan. With all the talent around him (Dwayne Bowe's contract situation notwithstanding), and to play near the area of the country where he became a star? Heck yes, I go with him instead of Matt Cassel or Kyle Orton or Bill Kenney.

MIAMI DOLPHINS: If my mouth was watering above, I'm actually a drinking fountain with the button stuck in the "on" position here. Matt Moore was a nice pickup last season, and played above his head but you can see where his ceiling is, and there's not much room left up top to grow. Griffin could potentially make Miami a Super Bowl team in the next year or two if he's the real thing. And, talk about energizing a fan base.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
                        : Christian Ponder showed me a little something. Joe Webb did as well. But I've seen how athletic quarterbacks can succeed in Minnesota, and Griffin has more talent than both of these two players. If Adrian Peterson never gets back to who he was, Griffin would ease that blow.

NEW YORK JETS: If there's not a lot of room between Matt Moore's head and his "potential ceiling" then Mark Sanchez's head has hit it and keeps bumping up against it repeatedly. The Jets are built to win a Super Bowl in the next couple of years, but it's obvious they need a QB upgrade. With the way rookies have shown they can handle the workload right away, the Jets could be in New Orleans next year with Griffin.

OAKLAND RAIDERS
                        : If this was Carson Palmer circa 2003, the answer would be no. But it's 2012. And you need stability and a long-term future at QB. I close my eyes and I see Griffin scrambling around to buy time and then launching 70-yard touchdowns to Denarius Moore, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Jacoby Ford regularly. And head coach Tim Brown smiling and wishing he was still playing (okay that last part is a little fuzzy).
                        Brooks: QB prospect rankings
                        Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III are the top two QBs in the draft. Who's No. 3? Bucky Brooks ranks the top five. More ...

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: You've given Michael Vick $100 million dollars hoping he can bring you a championship. It would be more than just trading Vick for Griffin. You've made Vick the face of the franchise and for a team who went all in for the Lombardi Trophy, if you start over now your team falls apart. Or does it? Does Griffin come in, with a similar if not exact same skill set, stay healthy and win just as many games? Don't forget, he's nearly 10 years younger, and Vick has shown the propensity to break down and will likely continue to do so. Running quarterbacks lose their edge sooner than everyone else. I'm going with RG3.

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: Alex Smith, you were fantastic in 2011. I can still see the winning pass to Vernon Davis against New Orleans. This year we saw Smith at his best. Controlling the ball, not turning it over, and giving you a really good game one out of every three. HOWEVER. I need my QB to throw more than 17 TDs for me in the regular season. Griffin has the promise to be able to do that. I know what Smith can do and it's good. But I'll take a chance on what could be greater.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: Is this even a question, part three? As Stan Lee would write, 'Nuff said. And yes, I'm still bitter that Tarvaris Jackson overthrew Golden Tate for touchdowns three times in the final week of my fantasy regular season that kept me from the playoffs in one of my leagues. But I'd still feel the same either way.

ST. LOUIS RAMS: A hard call. But I see the Rams drafting Justin Blackmon and hopefully keeping Brandon Lloyd, and then I really want to see what Sam Bradford can do. He was fantastic his rookie season when he had no one to throw to. Year 2, he had no one until Lloyd in midseason and it didn't go his way. But he has the pedigree, and there's a reason he was the No. 1 pick. So I'll stick with Bradford in a close one.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Josh Freeman should be a ride at Cedar Point. In a couple of years he might settle into being a monster QB who becomes a bigger version of Griffin, or he could flame out and never become consistent. This might be the hardest call I've made so far, because I think Freeman can be a franchise star. Tampa Bay has brought in offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan to help Freeman, much like he did with the Giants and Eli Manning, who credits Sullivan with a huge part of his success. I'll stay with Freeman by a hair. No pun intended, though I do think Freeman has Griffin in that department as well. By a hair.

TENNESSEE TITANS: I watch Jake Locker and I'm tantalized by his ability. I never thought he'd come into the NFL and be successful, but in spurts last season he wowed me plenty of times. Remember, he was someone who was on track to become the No. 1 overall draft pick until his disappointing senior season at the University of Washington. But I love this kid's moxy and athleticism. Locker's my guy.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS: Is this even a question, part four? I'd trade everyone, including Daniel Snyder and Stephen Strasburg to get Griffin.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...content_stream

Comment

Bucs release Albert Haynesworth

TAMPA, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced Wednesday they have released veteran defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth.

"I appreciate Albert playing for us after some key injuries this past season," general manager Mark Dominik said. "He was very professional and we now wish him all the best as he moves forward."

Haynesworth was claimed off waivers from New England in November, after Gerald McCoy suffered a season-ending injury and several other defensive linemen were banged up. Haynesworth played in seven games with six starts and recorded 25 tackles.

But it was obvious Haynesworth had no long-term future in Tampa Bay with McCoy returning to join Brian Price and Roy Miller.

Haynesworth had been scheduled to count $7.2 million against the 2012 salary cap. By releasing him, the Bucs will not have any cap charge for Haynesworth.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...rt-haynesworth

Comment

Spreman sam da se kladim sa ovim likom da se nece ostvariti vise od 3 prognoze. Young u Broncosima Jeste, menjace jednog nazovi QBa drugim, nisu toliko ludi. I ostalo je besmisleno. Henne u Jetsima, McNabb u Eaglesima, Garrard u Bearsima

Comment

Ima svakakvih nazovimo ih "analiticara".......

Comment

Source: Bills, Johnson exchange proposals

---The Buffalo Bills and representatives for Stevie Johnson have exchanged proposals and are expected to meet at next week’s NFL Combine, a league source told The Buffalo News.

The Bills submitted a proposal over a week ago and Johnson’s agent, C.J. LeBoy, countered the team’s offer on Monday, according to the source. There have been no further talks although the two sides are scheduled to meet next week in Indianapolis.

The 25-year-old Johnson started all 16 games in 2011 and finished with 76 receptions for 1,004 yards and seven touchdowns.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboa...28BillBoard%29

Comment

Working...
                                X