Weight
    152 lbs. (69 kg)
    Plays
    Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
    Status
    Pro (August 2003)

Career Highlights
    SINGLES
    Winner (5): 2007 - Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg; 2006 - Montreal; 2005 - Canberra; 2004 - ITF/Mallorca 2-ESP, ITF/Gifu-JPN, ITF/Fukuoka-JPN, ITF/Fano-ITA, ITF/Batumi-GEO.
    Finalist (2): 2007 - Tokyo [Pan Pacific], Roland Garros 2007
    Semifinalist: (6): 2007 - Amelia Island, Wimbledon, Year-End Championships; 2005 - Warsaw, Zurich, Linz.
    Quarterfinalist (14): 2007 - Gold Coast, Sydney, Antwerp, s�Hertogenbosch
    2006 - Sydney, Indian Wells, Warsaw, s'Hertogenbosch; Los Angeles; Linz, Hasselt
    2005 - Miami, Roland Garros; 2004 - Luxembourg.

DOUBLES
    Finalist (1): 2006 - 's-Hertogenbosch (w/Kirilenko).
    Semifinalist (2): 2006 - Tokyo [Pan Pacific], Warsaw (both w/Kirilenko).

Career in review
    2003 - Made pro debut on ITF Circuit (played four events), also Tour debut (l. in Luxembourg qualifying).

2004 - Top 100 finish in first full season on the Tour, making the biggest ranking jump of any player in 2004 (608 spots); as world No.156 qualifier at Z�rich (in third career main draw after Vienna, Birmingham earlier in season), upset No.29 Golovin 75 67(2) 76(3) in 1r (overcame 5-1 third-set deficit, 2mp), l. to V.Williams 76(11) 76(6) in 2r (held five set points in first set and three in second set tie-break); the next week, made Tour QF debut at Luxembourg (l. to Medina Garrigues), afterwards on November 1 made Top 100 debut (at No.96); started season winning first 21 matches and three titles, $10,000 ITF/Mallorca 2-ESP, $50,000 ITF/Gifu-JPN (as qualifier) and $50,000 ITF/Fukuoka-JPN (as qualifier); won two more $50,000 ITF Circuit titles (ITF/Fano-ITA, ITF/Batumi-GEO) just prior to qualifying for Z�rich.

2005 - Breakthrough season, highlighted by career-first Tour singles title at Canberra and first Top 20 finish; captured title in first event of year at Canberra (as qualifier, d. LL Czink in final, had defeated Czink in final round of qualifying, believed to be a Tour first; 26th qualifier in Tour history to win a title); reached QF or better at five other events, incl. QF at Miami (d. world No.7 Kuznetsova en route for first Top 10 victory, falling to Mauresmo in first Tier I QF), SF at Warsaw (d. No.10 Zvonareva en route to first Tier II SF, losing to eventual champion Henin-Hardenne), QF at Roland Garros (on debut, d. No.3 Mauresmo en route for best match win of career to date, falling to Petrova in first Grand Slam QF), and consecutive SF in the fall at Z�rich (l. to Schnyder in first Tier I SF) and Linz (l. again to Schnyder); in addition to Roland Garros, made debuts at all other Grand Slams, at Australian Open (l. in 3r to Mauresmo), Wimbledon (l. in 3r to Pierce) and US Open (as No.18 seed, upset in 2r by Vento-Kabchi in 3s; at No.16, was highest ranked player to make her debut at the US Open since No.14 Capriati in 1990, bettered only by No.12 Seles in 1989 since inception of computer rankings in 1975); reduced ranking to less than one-fifth between beginning and end of season, ranked No.100 in first event at Canberra, making Top 50 debut (at No.50) on March 7, Top 20 debut (at No.20) after Wimbledon, and rising to current career-high No.16 on August 29; withdrew from Toronto [Canadian Open] prior to 3r match vs. Clijsters w/right pectoral muscle strain, withdrew from Luxembourg w/right shoulder injury and from Moscow w/left wrist strain.

2006 - Second consecutive Top 20 finish; season highlighted by capturing second and biggest Tour singles title at Tier I Montr�al (as No.13 seed, d. No.9 seed Safina in SF and No.7 seed Hingis in final); clinched US Open Series victory with the title; seven-time quarterfinalist, at Sydney (upset No.2 seed Mauresmo en route, falling to No.6 seed Kuznetsova), Indian Wells (l. to Dementieva in 3s), Warsaw (upset No.2 seed Schnyder en route, falling to Chakvetadze in 3s), �s-Hertogenbosch (l. to Dementieva), Los Angeles (l. to Jankovic), Linz (l. to Sharapova) and Hasselt (l. to Krajicek); win over world No.3 Mauresmo at Sydney was equal-biggest career victory, and win over world No.8 Schnyder at Warsaw was second Top 10 win of season, fifth of career; reached 4r twice, at Miami (l. to Mauresmo) and Wimbledon (as No.19 seed, d. No.14 seed Safina in 3r, falling to top seed and eventual champion Mauresmo); 3r three times, incl. Roland Garros (as No.19 seed, l. to No.10 seed Myskina) and US Open (as No.16 seed, l. to WC S.Williams); 2r three times, incl. Australian Open (as No.21 seed, upset by Stosur), and fell 1r three times, incl. Berlin (ret. vs. N.Li w/left hamstring strain); notched 100th career singles match win in Warsaw 1r (vs. Domachowska), also surpassed $1 million in career prize money earnings; on September 11 (after US Open), moved from No.17 to No.15, her career Top 15 debut; on October 16, moved up to No.13, a new career-high; reached first Tour doubles final at �s-Hertogenbosch and a semifinals at Tokyo [Pan Pacific] and Warsaw (all w/Kirilenko); withdrew from Rome w/left hamstring strain and from Stuttgart, Zurich w/right shoulder tendonitis.

2007 - Another breakthrough season of sorts, culminating in first Top 10 finish, highlighted by third, fourth and fifth career Tour singles titles and first Grand Slam final at Roland Garros; won titles at Berlin (as No.12 seed, d. No.3 seed Kuznetsova in final; second career Tier I title), Los Angeles (as No.3-seeded WC, d. No.2 seed Jankovic 46 63 75 in SF after trailing 4-1 in third set and saving 2mp down 5-4; d. No.4 seed Petrova in final) and Luxembourg (as No.2 seed, d. No.4 seed Hantuchova 36 64 64 in final, having trailed 63 30); two-time runner-up, at Tier I Tokyo [Pan Pacific] (as No.5 seed, d. No.4 seed Jankovic en route; l. to No.2 seed Hingis) and Roland Garros (as No.7 seed, d. No.3 seed Kuznetsova in QF and No.2 seed Sharapova in SF before falling to top seed Henin in final; was first player representing Serbia, male or female, to reach a Grand Slam singles final); SF three times, at Amelia Island (as No.6 seed, d. No.2 seed Jankovic en route; l. to No.8 seed Golovin in 3s), Wimbledon (as No.6 seed, overcame 3-1 third set deficit to d. No.11 seed Petrova 61 26 64 in 4r and 5-3 third set deficit and 3mp trailing 5-4 to d. No.14 seed Vaidisova 46 62 75 in QF; l. to No.23 seed and eventual champion V.Williams) and finally first Tour Championships - having qualified at No.4 in Race, compiled 2-1 RR record (d. Kuznetsova and Hantuchova; l. to Sharapova) to reach SF (l. to Henin); notched 12 Top 10 wins during season, at Tokyo [Pan Pacific] (No.10 Jankovic), Amelia Island (No.9 Jankovic), Berlin (No.4 Kuznetsova), Roland Garros (No.3 Kuznetsova, No.2 Sharapova), Wimbledon (No.9 Petrova, No.10 Vaidisova), Los Angeles (No.3 Jankovic, No.9 Petrova), Luxembourg (No.10 Hantuchova) and Tour Championships (No.2 Kuznetsova, No.9 Hantuchova); wins over Sharapova and Kuznetsova were career-best wins; having begun year No.14, made Top 10 debut on May 14 (moving from No.16 to No.8 after Berlin), Top 5 debut on July 9 (moving from No.6 to No.5 after Roland Garros) and reaching career-high No.4 on August 13 (after Los Angeles); four more QF, at Gold Coast (l. to Peer), Sydney (l. to Vaidisova), Antwerp (l. to Clijsters) and 's-Hertogenbosch (l. to Hantuchova); suffered eight pre-QF losses in 19 regular season events, incl. at Australian Open (as No.13 seed, l. 3r to No.22 seed Zvonareva) and US Open (as No.5 seed, l. 4r to No.12 seed V.Williams); surpassed both $1 million and $2 million in career earnings, in fact earning over 60% of her career prize money this season alone; withdrew from Rome w/ankle injury and from San Diego w/knee injury.

Personal
    Began working with Scott Byrnes (strength and conditioning coach) in July 2006 ... Started playing tennis at age 5 after watching it on TV (in particular Monica Seles), remembering the phone number to a local tennis school and begging her parents to take her; was given a racquet for her fifth birthday and immediately fell in love with the game ... Mother, Dragana, is a lawyer; father, Miroslav, is a businessman; brother, Milos, is four years Ana's junior, and likes playing basketball; all the family likes sports, but none played tennis before Ana ... Best shot is forehand; likes all surfaces ... Likes watching movies (especially thrillers) either at the cinema or on DVD at home; also likes to read (especially about history and Greek mythology) and to listen to music (pop and R&B) ... Loves the TV shows 24, Lost and Prison Break ... Enjoys shopping, fashion ... Favorite food is sushi ... Favorite drink is water, fresh orange juice ... In September 2007 began studying finance at a private university that allows her to take exams online ... Admires Federer for his professionalism on and off the court ... Superstitions are to not walk on lines of the court, and at some tournaments to eat at the same restaurant each night ... Sometimes prepares for matches by playing Sudoku or backgammon in locker room ... Favoite places to visit are Melbourne, where she has some family, London and Paris ... Self-described as strong-willed, sensitive, determined and extremely competitive ... Most admires her family for all the support they give her ... Speaks fluent English, Serbian and some Spanish ...
    Most memorable experiences to date are reaching 2007 Roland Garros final and playing a charity tie-break against Agassi.

Awards
    Junior Wimbledon runner-up 2004
    Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Most Improved Player 2005
    "Miss Fed Cup 2006" for the Europe/Africa Zone
    US Open Series champion 2006

OVO JE MALI UVOD. NADAM SE DA CE VAM SE TEMA SVIDETI I DA CEMO LEPO MOCI DA RAZMENIMO MISLJENJA I INFORMACIJE O ANI.

Odg: WTA - ANA IVANOVI?

OD PONEDELJKA, 28 JANUARA 2008 - DRUGI REKET SVETA

LEPA, MLADA, USPESNA I MNOGO NJIH JE VOLI

Comment

Ana Ivanovic 24.01.08.

Q. Could you tell us about the match, the start, which was not too good, and how you got back into it and the finish?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, it definitely was a disappointing start for me. First game I was a little bit nervous and my serve didn't work very well, and I didn't move as good as I should have.

But, you know, after the first game I just had a feeling she was playing really good and I was always on the back foot and always defending. I didn't find my rhythm, and I knew I had to go for the shots before her, because she likes to dominate. I just couldn't find my rhythm.

I tried to hang in there, you know, to stay with her. In the second set in the first game I had a chance to win the game. I didn't and got a break down, but I just was so, so happy I managed to fight through that second set.

And then once I managed to win it, I felt much more comfortable, and also a lot more confidence.

Q. How do you avoid having a slow start in the final? You said you were a little bit more nervous at the start of this one. Obviously the nerves will be built up in the final. How did you overcome that?

ANA IVANOVIC: Definitely. I had experience in the French Open playing final. That's definitely something I have to look at and just try to deal with differently.

Also, the match before went quite fast towards the end, so I think I didn't get as proper warmup as I should have. It was kind of, you know, all of a sudden I had a feeling I was in the court.

It definitely was part of it, but still you know there is no excuse. She played really well, and I was just, you know, I was just so happy I got chances in the second set.

Q. Did it surprise you how strongly Daniela came out?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, she ?? I think she didn't miss a ball, and she was making almost all first serves. The at the other hand, I still had chances in the first set. It was 6?Love, but still I had game points.

But I just tried to tell myself that she can't keep up that level throughout the whole match. I knew I would get a chance at some point, and that helped me a lot.

Q. Does a comeback win like that give you great confidence to go into a final against Maria?

ANA IVANOVIC: Oh, yeah, it definitely does. As I already said, I think I didn't perform the best I could today and my serve percentage was quite low. I just managed to fight through it, and conditions are totally different than yesterday.

Also, emotional match yesterday. It was little bit flat in the beginning of today's match. So all these things, you know, I'm facing for probably first time in my career. It's definitely something I can learn from, so I was just really proud of myself.

Q. Is Maria's form daunting as well?

ANA IVANOVIC: Maria had a good tournament. I mean, beating Justine in two sets and playing some really good tennis. It's going to be definitely a very, very tough match. We are 2?All and I beat her before, so I sort of know a little bit what to expect.

I just want to recover as much as I can, and I have a day off tomorrow. It's going to be good. I just look forward for a great final.

Q. How much of it is going to be about matching her intensity level, number one; and then number two, making sure you don't get off to a slow start and then she gets off on a roll and it just goes away?

ANA IVANOVIC: That's going to be so important on Saturday, because she likes to have that first shot. So I have to be there, be there with her from the first point on and try to get that first shot.

Obviously, I want to work a lot on my intensity from the first moment on, and it's going to be fighting for each point. That's something I know and I'm going to expect that, so I'm going to have good practice tomorrow, try to work a little bit on that and get my focus for Saturday.

But the first set is going to be very, very important.

Q. The break ball in the serve says a lot about your legs.

ANA IVANOVIC: Sorry?

Q. The break ball in the serve, you have to retrieve the ball very difficult. You can do it with your legs; your movement was very good.

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, I think in that game I had two balls that I hardly got to and managed to win the point. That's something that gives you so much confidence, you know. It was tough game, and I knew I had chances in this game, because she had opportunities before.

You know, 3?2 we had long game and I managed to win that game. And I knew she was probably mentally little bit down, wasn't happy with herself she didn't use opportunities. I had to step up and do something different. I managed to break her and I think it was a huge moment.

Q. Daniela was very upset with the amount of noise your shoes were making on the court. She thought the squeakiness of your shoes, particularly when you're returning serve, is a form of gamesmanship, and you're deliberately making a lot of noise with your shoes on the court.

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, I don't think so. If you see other matches I was doing exactly the same thing. It's just the way these courts play. And if you listen to the guys I think they're doing the same thing.

You know, I just tried to move my feet, to return the ball, so it really was not intentional.

Q. Are you a natural squeaker, or are these courts squeakier than other courts?

ANA IVANOVIC: This ?? I don't know, really. I just try to move my feet, and I don't pay attention to the squeaking of my shoes make.

Q. Could you sense it was annoying her at the time?

ANA IVANOVIC: Once I saw she was complaining to the referee, you know. But there was nothing I could do, because if I want to move my feet to return a ball, you know, this was the sound I was producing.

And, also, during the point, if I want to run with small steps around the ball, it was exactly the same thing. So, you know, maybe she was just trying to pick on something, to get upset.

Q. It's one thing to think coming into a tournament your form is there and your fitness is there and you're ready to get back to a Grand Slam final, but it's another thing to really know it. Coming in, did you know, yeah, I'm a little different player now, I can really bring up my game this time?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, definitely I felt like different player since, for example, US Open last year. I felt much more experience. I was ?? I felt fitter also, and obviously injury?free. And, you know, match by match I had feeling I was raising my form and I was playing better and better, so it's something that gives lots of confidence.

So, you know, now I'm starting to believe I'm one of the top players, and I think that's the biggest difference in my game. And, also, when I'm out on the court, you know, I just believe I can beat anyone, and that's, I think, a big step for me.

Q. May I ask you, when you talk in Serbian, do you always talk like that, the way you talk in English, all breathless? Especially when you talk to your boyfriend, do you talk like that?

ANA IVANOVIC: I tend to get ?? when I'm excited I talk fast, so I'm going to try to slow down. But, yeah, in Serbian, I also tend to talk very fast. I hope everyone understands me, though.

Q. In an ideal world, would you have preferred to have a match like Maria's in the semifinal or the match you had going into a final?

ANA IVANOVIC: I think there is benefits from both, because obviously you want a little bit easier match so you feel fresher. But at the other hand, these kind of matches I had today gives you lots of confidence.

And managing to fight through the match and win it like this, it's something that's definitely very positive. And at the other hand, I feel really fit. As I said, it's just important to have no injuries. So I just want to stay that way and take my chances on Saturday.

Q. Everybody's been talking about the wind coming from the eastern European countries. But then at the end, you were raised up as a tennis player more or less in Switzerland; the other three girls in America with Bollettieri. So is that real, the eastern wind or is nothing to it?

ANA IVANOVIC: I don't know about raised in Switzerland, because I only went there like 14 or so, so most of my life I spent in Serbia. And, yeah, definitely we had ?? once we had opportunity to practice abroad I felt my game improved so much, because for the first time I had my private coach and someone working only with me.

Before that, until I was 14, I was practicing one?and?a?half hours a day in a group with four other kids, three other kids. You know, it's definitely ?? so it's a big opportunity, yeah.

Q. You're the new No. 2 in the world. How it feels?

ANA IVANOVIC: Really? No, really? Oh, okay. Well, great. I really didn't expect that. Thank you for that.

Q. It's printed in the notes of the WTA.

ANA IVANOVIC: Oh, really? That's definitely good, so one more spot to go.

Q. Players have come off post?match and said they had injuries going into the game. Do you go into the final absolutely injury?free?

ANA IVANOVIC: That's something I'm very happy about, because I worked hard in off?season, and that prevents lot of injuries.

Through the Grand Slam, you know, I have tough matches, and there's always here and there something that hurts a little bit and you try to solve it. So another day off and, you know, massage and recovery, so it's going to be good for me. But, no, no injuries.

Q. Why do you think people were supporting you so much? Because you play very well or for other reasons?

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, no, I feel really comfortable here, and I feel like I have a great support. And, yeah, I just ?? I just love being here, so it's great to see that fans are giving me support, because today they really helped me get out of that ?? you know, in that second set to help me raise my level and try to fight for each point.

So I'm so pleased to see that, because, as I said, I just enjoy so much coming here to Australia, so it's great to see I have lots of fans here.

Q. You didn't answer the question. Why?

ANA IVANOVIC: I don't know. Maybe you can ask them.

Q. Is it difficult to keep your concentration when Maria is going through her routine for service? How do you keep your focus on?

ANA IVANOVIC: Well, I think it's very individual for all players. We all have our own routines. Some players take more time. Some not so much.

So, you know, it's just important to focus on your own thing and what's your ritual before returning or serving. You just have to accept it and go with it. There is no other opportunity.

Q. What would be the qualities you admire in Sharapova?

ANA IVANOVIC: She's definitely a big fighter and she never gives up. And, you know, that's also something I feel like we have little bit in common, because I also, you know, try to fight for each point.

It's going to be, yeah, a big battle, I think. She has a good serve, and, yeah, she just goes for her shots.

Q. In all the time you've played tennis, has any other opponent ever complained about the squeakiness of your shoes?

ANA IVANOVIC: No, no. And also, you know, I think since I improve my movement I don't think I was moving as much before, so maybe I didn't produce so much squeaking.

Q. You still have relations to Switzerland?

ANA IVANOVIC: Yes, of course. I am resident in Basel, so I go often there.

Q. When were you there last time?

ANA IVANOVIC: Last time I believe I was in off?season during winter.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...163845756.html

Comment

Ajmo ANA!!!! DO prvog GSa!!!!

Comment

Sharapova v. Ivanovic - key facts

Friday, 25 January, 2008
          Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic will go head-to-head in the women's singles final

- Saturday's final marks the fifth clash between Ana Ivanovic and Maria Sharapova, but is their first meeting in a final.

- Amazingly, all four matches between the two to date have finished in two sets

- Head-to-head: Ivanovic 2 - 2 Sharapova

- Their only previous meeting in a Grand Slam was at last year's French Open semifinal, where Ivanovic prevailed in straight sets

- Ivanovic is aiming for her first Grand Slam title; Sharapova is chasing her third

- Ivanovic will edge ahead of Svetlana Kuznetsova in the world rankings regardless of Saturday's result and will become the world No.2 when she leaves Melbourne Park

- Sharapova will remain world No.5

- En route to the final Ivanovic has lost only one set, while Sharapova is yet to have lost one.

AJDE ANA MOZES TI TO !!!

Comment

IDEMO ANA DO POBEDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ovo ?e biti uzbudljivo, aj za jedno lepo dobro jutro ili laku no?...............

Comment

Comment

Jel mozete da postujete nesto na srpskom?
                Mislim, Ana je srpkinja, valjda ima neki tekst o njoj na srpskom?
                Jel vam ne smeta:
                Residence
                Basel, Switzerland

Comment

[quote author=mr.gold link=topic=479.msg15837#msg15837 date=1201300103]
                  Jel mozete da postujete nesto na srpskom?
                  Mislim, Ana je srpkinja, valjda ima neki tekst o njoj na srpskom?
                  Jel vam ne smeta:
                  Residence
                  Basel, Switzerland

[/quote]

Comment

Comment

Biljana, svaka cast

Comment

A sada nesto zanimljivo. ;D Ovo finale je u medijima vec prozvano ''Shrieky v Squeaky'' (Shriekopova vs Ana ''Squeaky'' shoes).

Naime Maria je u sklopu priprema za finale imala poseban trening u kome je njen trener proizvodio skripu patikama dok servira. :

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...-11088,00.html

Comment

Svaka cast Ani na ucesce u finalu GS AO
                          Nije mala stvar biti na #2

Comment

Bravo Ana!

Comment

Konacno neko ko zasluzuje da bude No2.
                              Ana ima jos dosta da radi da bi postala GS sampionka.

Comment

Working...
                              X