Strana 1 od 437 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... PoslednjaPoslednja
Rezultati 1 do 15 od 6555

Tema: ATP - Rafael Nadal

Datum registracije
    Moć reputacije

ATP - Rafael Nadal

[size=12pt]PERSONAL[/size]

Full name is Rafael Nadal Parera...Nicknamed Rafa...Father, Sebastian, manages his own restaurant and glass and windows business; mother, Ana Maria, is a housewife; has one younger sister Maria Isabel...Plays left-handed but writes right-handed...Began playing tennis at age four with his uncle Toni, who is his long-time coach...Used to play with two-handed forehand and backhand before his uncle made him change at age nine or 10 to a one-handed forehand...Played his only junior Grand Slam event at Wimbledon in 2002 and reached SF...Comes from same island (Mallorca) as countryman Carlos Moya...The city of Manacor is second-biggest on island of Mallorca...His other uncle, Miguel Angel Nadal, is a former professional soccer player with stints at FC Barcelona, Real Mallorca and Spanish national team, which competed in 2002 World Cup...Also played on two other World Cup teams in 1994 and 98...Earned ATP Newcomer of Year in 2003 and ATP Most Improved Player of Year in 2005...Reached Spanish Championships in July 2003 (l. to Lopez)...Has a 9-5 career Davis Cup record (7-1 in singles) in seven ties and member of winning team in 2004...Coached by his uncle Toni Nadal.

http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/player...yernumber=N409

Datum registracije
    Moć reputacije

Odg: ATP - RAFAEL NADAL

[size=16pt]Game, set and catch: Rafael Nadal goes fishing[/size]

By SIMON KINNERSLEY Last updated at 17:44pm on 2nd June 2007

His intense and flamboyant tennis has brought him trophies and riches.

But away from the frenzy of centre court, world No2 Rafa Nadal has no time for Monte Carlo glitz and girls - he's a little deeper than that

Rafael Nadal, or Rafa, as everyone in the tennis world calls him, is emotionally spent.

He might be freshly showered, his sweat-stained bandana in the laundry basket, but as he slumps in his chair its clear that the pain of his defeat in the Hamburg final an hour earlier will take longer to wash away.

Nadal likes to relax from gruelling regime of the tennis court, by going fishing with his father

This wasnt just any defeat. It was the end of Rafas record-breaking two-year, 81-match winning streak on clay; the end, too, of his stranglehold on arch-rival Roger Federer on that surface.

The Spanish world No 2 knows he has given the No 1 a chance to breathe. It may prove a pivotal moment in their fascinating battle for supremacy.

At the after-match press conference, Nadal has shown all the bravura and chutzpah of the fist-pumping, sweat-dripping, heart-stopping on-court persona the fans so adore.

Hes been generous about his streak ending at the hands of the greatest player in the world, joked with reporters and smiled at everyone, saying that it has been good preparation for what lies ahead.

Back at the hotel, its a rather different story.

His losing-finalist trophy is stuffed casually in his kit bag as he walks through to the deserted cafeteria.

His laces drag along the ground wearily. For a man known for his bulging biceps, he seems momentarily swamped by his T-shirt and cargo shorts.

"You must be a little disappointed that the streak is over," I say lightly.

"Am I crying?" he replies grimly. "I get over these things quickly.

"When you walk out on to the tennis court, one of you is going to win and the other is going to lose. Thats how it is.

"You cannot win every match."

He looks across the table, emphasising that there are no tears running down his cheeks.

Its the end of a six-week road trip during which he has won four tournaments, rewritten the record books with that winning streak and brought his winnings to around 1 million in the past year and at least 15 million in total.

But while his diary tells him that ahead lie The Artois Championships (opening June 11) at the Queens Club, west London, where he will be the star attraction, followed by the short hop over to Wimbledon, just for now tennis is not dominating his thoughts.

In the morning, hell catch a flight home to Majorca, dump his bags, drive to Porto Cristo and jump aboard his fathers boat.

"I am going fishing," he says, stirring from his torpor, a smile spreading across his face.

He pauses, relishing the idea, then continues: "I love fishing for three reasons: the calm and tranquillity, the beauty of the sea and, of course, the satisfaction of catching your dinner."

For an impossibly rich young man, celebrating his 21st birthday today (June 3), the trip will be a simple affair.

No floating gin palace for him; his fathers eight-metre boat has seen better days, his rod and tackle are bottom of the range from a local shop, and the remainder of his kit is borrowed from his companions, a couple of his fathers friends.

"My own friends are all at work or studying," he observes rather sadly.

Catching fish is really of secondary importance.

"I can forget about everything. No one can call me, because I keep my mobile switched off, so I can relax and not think about tennis.

"Sometimes we talk and sometimes we just sit in silence, waiting for a bite." He is lost for a few moments. He is in the boat, he can feel the warm offshore breeze on his skin Then he jolts back to the present and the weariness returns.

Later, I join him to watch Real Madrid playing on TV.

Discussion ranges widely, about the merits of David Beckham ("a great passer of the ball"), Ruud van Nistelrooy ("I cannot understand how Manchester United let him go") and so on.

When Real take the lead, Rafa goes mental he is out of his chair, hands aloft, dancing around, cheering, his broad grin flashing.

Not even when he beat Federer in the final of the French Open last year did he look so thrilled.

In essence, there are two Rafas. One is the ruthless, relentless competitor, who will slug and grunt it out for hours on end while playing to the gallery with his exuberant, extrovert style.

Then theres the home-loving boy, the unpretentious, unobtrusive, ordinary guy next-door.

"The only thing that has changed is that I am more famous.

"Everything else is the same," he says.

"I still live at home with my parents and sister in Manacor.

"I have the same bedroom. My mother still chastises me if my room is untidy, my sister still teases me.

"When I go out in the evening, it is with the same friends, who I have known since we met at school aged four.

"We dont talk about tennis. They have their work, I have mine.

"What I do is just my job. The people in the village are the same.

"I have lived there all my life why should they treat me any differently?"

Nadal shows few signs of material success. His mobile phone is just a standard type without a camera.

His rubber-strapped watch is similarly basic, while his clothes could be from a sale rack. He drives a modest Kia at home.

"I won a Mercedes in Stuttgart but I leave it in the garage. I prefer a simple car," he says.

Apart from a PlayStation bought to while away hours in his hotel room and a few free clothes donated by the Hugo Boss store in Palma (which is not even one of his sponsors), he has no flashy toys or trimmings.

Yet, he insists, he wants for nothing.

"Shopping doesnt interest me. Even if I had the time, which I dont, I wouldnt bother.

"I have everything what more could I want? As for buying my own home, why would I?

"Im only in Majorca two months of the year. The rest of the time I am travelling.

"Besides, why would I want to come home to an empty house? Im far happier being with my family."

Buying a place will come later, of course.

"You have to remember, I am just a boy."

One thing he is sure about: he will not be joining the throng of sporting tax exiles in Monte Carlo.

"What other people do is up to them but I would never move somewhere I didnt want to live, just to save money.

"There is only one place in the world I want to be and that is in my village.

"It is my home; it is where I want to grow old. Its so peaceful and calm, so laid-back. People just quietly go about their lives. Nothing changes there."

Its no surprise to discover that neither the women players on the circuit nor the alluringly dressed girls who penetrate the security of the players lounge are of any interest to Rafa.

He has a girlfriend, Francesca Perello, back home.

"She is taking a degree at the university in Palma, in business and administration.

"She is busy with her own life," he explains.

"Her studies are far more important than watching me play."

His relatives, too, mostly prefer to keep a low profile back in the village.

Yet Nadals tennis career is very much a family affair.

It was his uncle Toni who encouraged him to take up the sport and still coaches him today (he could have chosen to follow the footsteps of another uncle, Miguel, a football international who played in three World Cups).

His father, Sebastian, takes care of finances. "I have no idea how much I have," Rafa says casually.

"I dont play for money. If I was not good enough to be a professional, then I would join a club and pay to play."

According to current world No 3 Andy Roddick, seeing Rafa across the net is one of the most daunting sights in sport.

"Just look at him," says Roddick.

"My family are Wisconsin farmers, so were not small, but hes a beast with those muscles. When you hear him grunting, it feels like youre playing a wild bull."

Thats the Rafa the fans know and love: passionate, intense.

But after the final shot is played, therell be a sign on his door: Gone fishing. The Artois Championships run from June 1117 and will be shown live on BBC 2

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1889

Cali Tee

[size=16pt]Nadal Plays with a Handicap [/size]

Rafael Nadals woes began on October 24, 2005. At the same time he was working his way through to a win of the Madrid Masters Series, the Mallorcan was suffering from an injury to the instep of his left foot. When it rains, it pours. A year before, in Estoril, he had suffered a stress fracture just a few millimeters from the second injury. Since the latter, Nadal must play with inserts that support his feet differently, throwing his body somwhat off-kilter and causing contant muscular injuries, which will most likely bother him for the rest of his career, having forced him to play handicapped for over a year now. Its not easy fighting Roger Federer for the ATP throne, even less so if your physical condition is in constant distress. He has learned to live with the pain. His left foot prevents him from playing regularly and at his highest level on certain surfaces, thus diminishing his results.

Its a simple problem. In order to protect his left foot, its necessary to play with inserts and the inserts cause Nadal to play differently from his usual style. On clay the joints suffer less; not so on faster courts. Simple solution play more on clay. At this point in the clay season, Nadal could already have won two or three tournaments in South America, but this year commitments have arisen that necessitate him staying in Europe. Nadal wanted but couldnt play in Marseilles and he got to the quarters in Dubai, instead of competing in Vina del Mar, Buenos Aires, Acapulco or Costa de Sauipe where the competition isnt as stiff and probably hed have run away with victories wherever he played.

Rafael Nadals most favorable season is up and coming. Indian Wells and Miami are played on hard court, although the Mallorcan can do well on this particular surface. After Davis Cup is played indoors in North Carolina from April 6-8, the ATP circuit officially transfers to clay; from the Montecarlo Masters (April 16-22) until Roland Garros (May 21-June 3), Rafael Nadal is going to feel at home despite having to defend four titles: Montecarlo, Rome, Barcelona and the French Open assuming that he pulls out of Hamburg, as hes done in 2005 and 2006. Nadal has reigned over those four events for the past two years, and it is his performance there that will be the key to the return of his once-unshakeable self confidence.

Rafin intervju za BBC World pred AO 2008.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eySPPziNkh0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qXAyBG2mHt8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9MzX8JQbFhA

moya

Evo jos jednog dobrog clanka iz novina.

I jedan dobar video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eEeg...eature=related

elena

Evo sta drugi ljudi koji mnogo toga znaju o tenisu,misle o Rafi:
    'He shows us that there is a way of playing the sport that nobody has tried before.
    (2005)- Andre Agassi

Nadal is great for tennis. Tennis needs such attractive and intense players as he is. Mainly, he is a competitor. I hope that Rafa is going to be around as a tennis player for a long time. I can not compare my charisma of 20 years ago with the one of Nadal at the moment, because I wouldnt be objective when judging him to me. The best thing about Nadal is the way he switches his defensive game into an attack game without a transition.
    (November 2005, Shanghai)-Andre Agassi

I like him (Rafael Nadal) because he's a very physical and also emotional player. It's always exciting to watch him play. He's young with loads of energy and he likes to show it.
    (May 2006) Boris Becker

If you cant love this guy, even in the limited way of an amused fan, youre failing to understand something elemental about why we love sport
    (Wimbledon 2006, Peter Bodo's tennis world www.tennis.com) Pete Bodo

I like to watch Nadal, because he's an emotion...he shows me the thrill of being a part of what's going on out there. And one thing I probably like best about that is he's not afraid to show it. So I enjoy watching him.
    (2006, Tennis Week) Jimmy Connors

".... He brings more than tennis to the court and that's something special. He has an attitude, an enthusiasm and a love for the game and the competition. That is a huge part of him and I like to see that."
    (Wimbledon 2006) J.Connors

He is incredible, but not because of his muscles. He has talent, power and a desire to win that is frightening. He's like Arantxa: her male equivalent."
    (Jan. 2006, SIE7E magazine) Roger Federer

There are some people that say he can only play on clay and they don't have any idea of tennis.
    (RG 2006, 09/09/06, Marca) R.Federer
    He is a great fighter, and he is much better than he thinks. Do not forget that.
    R . Federer

I think this guy's incredible. This guy's been a huge injection into the men's game. The guy's only 19 and he plays with unbelievable intensity. He loves competing. He's not afraid to go out and lay it on the line. He's a totally different style than Federer. His look is unusual, to put it mildly, but I think it adds some interest. He's incredibly physically strong for a guy as young as he is."
    (August 2005, Tennis Week)
    "I don't know how he has never managed to break a racket. I don't know, I guess it's obvious that he's got a better temperament than me, but I didn't break my racket today." J.McEnroe

(Think Spain, Friday, April 21, 2006)
    "Rafael Nadal is right behind Roger. I love his attitude, and he's a great competitor. And he's the one guy who actually believes he can beat Roger. A lot of these guys go out there against Roger and are resigned to the fact of not beating him. But Nadal's got a great competitive drivehe works hard, he's fast, and he's a great athlete. He's a modern-day Borghe really is that good. At Wimbledon this year he played seven days in a roweven on grass, which isn't his best surfaceand didn't complain about it. And I admire that."- Pete Sampras
    (Oct. 2007, Texas Monthly)

MarijaBGD

Bjorn Borg: [size=10pt]"Rafael Nadal will win Wimbledon in 2008"[/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYhYISFv-HI

>Meravigliosa Creatura< 2007. MS Rome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFkUhTOohik

Datum registracije
    Moć reputacije

Jedna od mojih ominjenih emisija o Rafa. Rafa 2004. godine.

The Tennis Channel featured Rafael Nadal on their show "No Strings" back in 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP15Wy13LgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13XYwgep4Vc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ7gYPkyyZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOrpnFzzLQY

angelnfs4

Jos malo cinjenica o Rafi i intervjua sa njim - pre nego sto pocnemo da ga hvalimo ;)

Who can resist the phenomenon Nadal?

Nadal is shaking up the records of the ATP tour and beyond, where his appearances create a huge surge of excitement similar to a rock star, adored by the kids. But Nadal is also in the process of seducing several important sponsors, such as the Korean auto constructor KIA for which hes become the global ambassador.
    So, for GrandChelem, the logical thing to do is to take out the time to try and understand the phenomenon Nadal together with those who decided to put their money on him. Sophie Kamoun, director of communications of Nike France and Sad Benchaboune, sports marketing director of Babolat took up the invitation for a double interview to talk about why Rafael Nadal has become the star of world tennis.

Q: How do you explain the phenomenon Nadal?
    Sophie Karoum (SK): First of all, Nadal wins and hes the undisputed number one on clay. If he didnt win as much, he wouldnt excite people as much. What sparked the enthousiasm for him is winning Roland Garros at a very young age and so, people started to pay attention. Secondly, people like his attitude. Behind his winners temperament, he always gives the impression that hes willing to do everything to win, hes also always an example fair-play and respect for his opponents. He portrays an image of excellence, tenacity and thats very attractive.
    Sad Bechnaboune (SB): I think that its a combination; a bit of alchemy between his performances and his extraordinary precocity. His Indian pirate look is another factor to explain the phenomenon. Its undeniable that Nadal has an incredible charisma in all his unique simplicity. Hes brought up with strong values and I think that this is important as well. This entire package reminds me of Zinedine Zidane. I have an anecdote that symbolizes his personality perfectly. I was with him during training in Mallorca. Once the session was over, Rafael collected all the balls, swept the courts and nobody was there to carry his bag for him.

Q: People use the word hysteria when he gets into contact with the public
    SB: Thats the word! In Monte Carlo for example. Luckily, we warned the organizers in advance because there was a huge crowd. This hysteria can be seen everywhere in Europe, very strong in Spain of course but also in the United States. Nadal leaves nobody indifferent. Hes a fighter and each match of his offers a big spectacle. Alex Corretja talks about corrida and I agree with him.

Q: Is this a worldwide phenomenon?
    SK: Yes, hes even known and liked in countries where tennis is not as present in the media. His performances, in particular his victories in Roland Garros, and his personality have allowed him to surpass the borders of tennis. Hes become one of the biggest sports stars of all time, across all sports.

Q: Did you see from the start that this kid had such charisma?
    SK: We contracted him at the age of 11 years. The attention of the authorities of Nike was caught by his incredible potential back then. When we sign a contract with such a young athlete, we sign him for his potential in the first place. But even back then, even though he was shy and introverted, he showed signs of an attitude on court that made us think that he had something more than others, an unbelievable aggression and panache.
    SB: Babolat also contracted him at the age of 11. We believed in him right away. We have developed a real partnership, we were able to adapt with his progress, giving him products he liked. Today, he prolonged his contract with 10 years. This is very satisfying for us.

Q: Would he have had the same success without Federer?
    SK: Those are two players who are in the process of marking a generation, by their performances and by their respective qualities. They have a different game and personality but both are very appreciated by the public. The proof is that everybody dreams of a Federer-Nadal final in Roland Garros And the fact that both appreciate and like each other only enhances the beauty of their confrontations.
    SB: No, and vice versa. You need a real rivalry for the magic to work. Lendl-McEnroe, Federer-Nadal, their rivalries are healthy and above all, very positive for tennis.

Q: Could we compare the phenomenon of Nadal with that of Agassi in the 90s?
    SK: We dont rank our athletes according to popularity. The majority of the biggest players in the world are or were under contract with Nike (just like McEnroe, Sampras, Agassi and Federer) and Nadal is also part of that elite group of players who mark the history of tennis.
    SB: Agassi created his aura in the run of his long and beautiful career. Rafael has made big jumps. Very quickly as a junior, he already reached the status of international star and he soon started to win very big tournaments like two times Roland Garros, a Wimbledon final at the tender age of 20. So, yes, there are similarities but I would say that every legend follows a different path.

The opinion of a fan:

Ghislain of Saint Preux, official spokesperson of les Petits As is head of the tennis department of Intersport Lattes (34)

"I really started to be aware of the phenomenon Nadal during les Petits As in 2006 at an exhibition with Fabrice Santoro. We even had to interrupt the meeting sessions (autographs, pictures) because it started to become dangerous. There was hysteria, like with a pop star. I think that its both his personality and his game that is at the foundation of the phenomenon. Hes very simply at the core, even shy, discrete. Thats remarkable for a champion of his stature. From a commercial point of view, its clear that his aura is important. A lot of young people want to use the latest of the gear he uses. When the pants were first put on the market, we had a huge demand. It reminds me of Agassi and his famous denim shorts."

3/4 pants: wrong debate?

On tour, a rumor is doing the rounds that the Spaniard is not a fan of the pants he made so famous. Of course, we asked the question to Sophie Kamoun. Her answer is clear: Nadal has enough character and hes fastidiousness enough to not let himself get dictated to wear something he does not like! Our goal is to offer the players a contract with Nike with equipment that allows them to feel well on court, to be able to focus only on their game. Nadal told us that he wanted a modern and fun outfit matching his personality, his style and thats how he is in everyday life off court. When we offered him the pants and the sleeveless shirt, he welcomed the idea right away with a lot of enthusiasm because it corresponded with the sort of thing he expected. Nadal gives us an unbelievable opportunity because this collaboration allows us to push ourselves to create something different, innovative that matches his personality and what he wants as far as style is concerned.

Jel da da je extra?

elena

Nadal: "There are times when you get tired of everything"

Yesterday, the Manacorian made room in his agenda to attend to Spanish special correspondents

It is always a pleasure to talk to Rafa Nadal. The interview with SPORT took place on the terrace of the players' lounge and there, in the shade, he talked a little about everything... except for his knee, that knee which has prevented him in recent days from preparing himself for the US Open as he would have wished. However, even like that, in these circumstances, Nadal is still alive in the competition. He does not know how far he will get but he can rest easy with himself for, if you do everything you possibly can, you cannot be asked to do more.

You began to think you might not even be able to play here. Would it have been a severe blow?

- I don't think so, because I'm having a great season. Things affect me when I consider I haven't done all I could have. If you have done everything and the day before you start you have the bad luck to get injured, feel a sharp pain in your knee... of course it's hard, you're here preparing for this and you're not going to be able to play. But, if that had been the case, nothing would have happened.

You have arrived here this time in perhaps the best shape ever as regards your game, sensations and preparation. Is it possible that you have made mistakes other times about how to approach the final Grand Slam of the season?

- No. I think the only time I made a mistake was in 2005. I went back home after Cincinnati and I don't think I should have done that. Last year I didn't make the same mistake but I was playing much worse tennis when I got here than I am now. Although now we're experiencing some major difficulties even though everything possible has been done to surmount them.

Have you a score to settle with New York?

- No (said very emphatically). I have high hopes of playing well in every tournament I compete in and, logically, even higher hopes for Grand Slam tournaments. But it's true that it's the only place where I haven't managed to play well. Last year I had a good tournament but I lacked confidence because I was coming from an American tour where things had not gone well.

Tennis requires discipline and routine. How do you cope with those two aspects of it?

- I've been quite disciplined since I was a child and that's no problem to me. I'm pretty serious and a worker, which is important in a sport where regularity is rewarded. I do get tired of the routine when I've been away from home for more than a month.

Have you had to sacrifice anything to get to where you are?

- Something of the normal everyday life of a boy of my age: going out with your friends and having a whale of a time, being with your family, being able to spend the summer in Mallorca... From 16 to 30 years old, which are important years in your life, I will not be able to do those things, although you're still enjoying yourself...

It's worthwhile, nevertheless..

- Of course it is. At least, I hope so...

Do you feel any type of responsiblity as world number two?

- I've never done anything thinking of that. I just try to be as courteous as possible in everything I do.

Do you notice the admiration and affection you arouse?

- If there is one thing that makes me really satisfied, it's going out on court and having the public applaud you more than your opponent. I know it's because I'm the number two in the world and not because I'm Rafa Nadal but it is really something special.

And New York adores you...

- They know me well enough, for sure.

Is Federer out of reach?

- This year has been the closest I've got to him. It depends on how this tournament ends, I could be even closer, but things look better for him than for me. It's already difficult for me to win here when I'm 100% and as I'm not, it get's even more complicated. Having this clear in your mind and having accepted it, it then boils down to doing what's possible. If I lose to David (Ferrer), then bad luck because it's difficult to do more than I have been doing. I've lost some rhythm and some concentration because of the circumstances of my injury. Today (Monday 3rd) will be the first day I've gone back to the hotel at a normal time.

Would it be worth more to be number one with Federer around?

- I think it's the number of points that tell you what you're worth.

But, going on points, you could have been number one a long time ago...

- Almost every season that I've been on the tour... because, at present, I have the number of points Sampras had when he was number one, and he is the best ever, for the moment. It would probably be more praiseworthy (with Fed.) but I know we have it really tough...

But it is not impossible...

- You must never lose hope.

Rafa, you're very young and you've managed to handle things very well...

- There are different stages. In the first, everything is new, everything goes well, it comes head on, no matter who you play, you don't feel the pressure. Then comes the worst year, the one full of tension, when you don't know if you have it in you to repeat what you've done. They are nerve wracking times. In my case, the claycourt season saved me after my injury. And after winning Roland Garros a second time, that was it... I knew I was back in the top three again. That was followed by a slump. But everything comes down to experience.

This year you're much more at ease...

- Yes. You have everything better assimilated and assumed. You know that attending to people, the media, the sponsors, is part of the job. I would never refuse to give an autograph. I do everything I think I have to do.

Does the press bother you a great deal?

No. But there are times when you get tired. You reach the point when you're tired of everything: tennis, the press, autographs, even chatting with friends. Then you must stop and begin again with a good attitude. I know that at times my attitude could be better...

Do you demand a lot of yourself?

One always asks more than normal of oneself. One thing I am quite clear about is that I would never do anything that would prejudice my tennis. I don't know if that is demanding a lot of myself. I just know that I feel good when I know I have done what I ought to do for my own well-being.

Nadal, up close

Rafa or Nadal?
    Rafa

The sea or the mountains?
    The sea.

Day or night?
    Day.

Meat or fish?
    Fish.

Black or white?
    White. I'm afraid of the dark.

Your greatest defect?
    Untidiness.

One great virtue?
    Naturalness.

Running or walking?
    I don't like either for its own sake. I like to run for a purpose and walking bores me.

The family is...
    Essential to me. We have an excellent relationship and that helps me.

The perfect day...
    Fishing in the morning, golf and football in the afternoon and going out on the town at night.

The person you admire most...
    Good people.

Anything you can't stand?
    People who wish bad on others.

Health, wealth or love?
    Health, health.... and the rest will come in time.

Do you still not know how much money you have in the bank?
    To be quite honest, I don't. I don't worry about it.

Life is beautiful?
    For me, yes. There's nothing I can complain about. I consider myself privileged.

angelnfs4

30 Nov 07 El Mundo Deporte wrote:
    TENIS Y FTBOL, CONTRA LA MALARIA EN EL BERNABU
    Casillas 'vs' Nadal, empate solidario

PABLO FRAILE DORADO (There's a video at this link, too)
    http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte...196433956.html

TENNIS & FOOTBALL AGAINST MALARIA

Casillas vs Nadal, a draw for a good cause

MADRID.- Iker and Rafa took one another on at the Bernabu for a good cause: the fight against malaria in impoverished countries under the auspicies of the Spanish Red Cross. The idea was for each player to challenge the other at his own sport. Iker said that they wanted "to do something amusing, something different", so that people would really enjoy themselves.

With the '5th Annual Football Match against Poverty' (Zidane's friends vs Ronaldo's friends) just recently having taken place, two other top sportsmen have come together for a good cause. Iker Casillas and Rafa Nadal are friends outside the sports arena and the idea of their helping others came up in one of their conversations. Just the willingness to participate and lending their name can do a great deal, and they know it. With this gesture they wish to show that there are more important things than football and tennis. There is often a lot of truth in such cliches...

First Nadal, with a rather fearful Casillas facing him across the net, delivered five serves to see if the Real Madrid goalkeeper could return the ball. To the tennis player's surprise, Iker beat him 3-2, although, out of self esteem, the odd ball was served faster than normal and surprised Casillas.

Rafa got his own back with the penalties, beating Iker by exactly the same score, and managing to trick the keeper at times, showing he is also good with a ball at his feet, as Casillas confirmed afterwards: "Nadal kicks the ball well and precisely, but he gets a bit nervous. I wouldn't let him take a penalty in a 'Champions League' match, but I must admit he hits the ball well."

So this unique challenge, punctuated by much laughter from the duo of participants, ended in a draw; though afterwards Iker and Rafa warned us that this encounter at the Bernabeu was just the aperitive to the main dish that is to be served up on 20th December at the Madrid Arena

Each one is getting together a group of friends to play a short 7-a-side football match and 3 sets of tennis (this will be doubles according to another article I read). There might also be a group playing music, though no names have yet been disclosed. The proceeds from these matches between friends will go towards the prevention and elimination of malaria in the world's least favoured countries.[/b]

Raising awareness of epidemic is crucial

Malaria is responsible for a million deaths per year, and the most vulnerable sectors are children under 5, nursing mothers and AID's sufferers. Thus the two sportsmen are going to make use of their image to help generate funds to use in the fight against this pandemic. "We would really like to be able to do something to help. We want to contribute our grain of sand to help erradicate malaria," declared Nadal.

The vice president of the Spanish Red Cross, Manuela Cabero Morn, and the autonomous Community of Madrid's councillor for sport, Alberto Lpez Viejo, were also present at the press conference given afterwards.

Cabero praised the collaboration of the two sportsmen: "Many thanks to Iker and Rafa for making themselves available to us to help make the population aware of the problem of malaria." She also asked for the media's help, as, according to her, "what does not appear in the press seems not to exist, and we want to put an end to this." Lpez Viejo seconded Manuela Cabrera's comments and added that "the coming together of sport and solidarity is rather spectacular".

Gestures like this help to make society aware of the planet's most pressing problems. It appears that Iker and Rafa really want to get involved, and their names are capable of making things happen. So on with the game of solidarity...

Datum registracije
    Moć reputacije

INTERVIEW: RAFAEL NADAL- World number two

JUAN JOS MATEO - Shanghai - 20/11/2007

[size=18pt]"I'm a better tennis player, but I can't run"[/size]

Rafael Nadal (Manacor, Mallorca, 1986) hitts passes by for about ten meters with a football ball on long corridors of Qi Zhong Stadium. Then he enters to the players zone and starts to juggle with Roger Federer. Nothing indicates that the Swiss won by 6-4 and 6-1 in the semifinals of the Masters Tournament. Nadal, who points that he had the best season of his life, takes the ball and begins to give taps with the feets( to touch it with the feets). "You are better than Maradona!" is joking Federer. Then, the world number two saluted in his name the Chinese driver of his Mercedes and responds to this newspaper.

Question. Did you play all year without a physical preparation.

Answer. I never said it because I didn't want to sounds like an excuse. I don't like to talk about injuries. I prepare myself psysicaly every day, but I cann't run. Now, in the pre-season, I'll try. From my foot problem back in 2005, I'm very careful and I avoid to run. That count. I need to have the physical as a measure to play the matches and I find it difficult because I don't have a base.

Q. How did you counterbalance this?

R. I swimming, running in the pool to catch the ground, I rowing, cycling, elliptical machine ... From my experience, I know that isn't the same as running. It gives you the same confidence. It's tough.

Q. Because of that you still don't made the counterattack in your career wich gives you the fame?

A. It's a matter of daring to support. Always I achieved a very high ball, very long, which was the best that I had. Subconsciously, my game has been adapted to these problems. Now I don't do it so aggressively, but with shorter footsteps, trying not to force it to much. Sometimes it's an obstacle. Psychologically you are spoiled. You say, 'What big pain in the ass( What a f**k up situation)! If I could be as good physically as I was in 2005 and the better tennis player that I am now! ".

Q.Do you allways played thinking to the number one. Now, Novak Djockovic threatens to take the number two.

A.I always was worried more for the back than for the front. Federer always has been very far. At one moment of the season, the press started to say that I'll be able to be number one at year's end. The annual ranking was in front and he had to defend a lot of things. The key match was Wimbledon Final.

Q. What happened in the locker room after it? Tell every story there ...

A.I hold whole ceremony well, because I didn't want to act like a child.When I arrived in the locker room, I sat down and, as it's normal after losing the final of the tournament which makes you more illusion, against number one and with a lot of opportunities, I began to cry by anger, by sadness. It was the only match of the year in which I cryed and from the few that I have done in all my life. It was very equalized. I was 20 or 25 minutes crushed. When people began to come, I sat in a bath. They came to cheer me up. I gave him thanks and I asked to leave me alone. I didn't like it to see me crying.

Q. Before, Toni, your uncle and coach, proposed to stop training you.

A.This year, when things went wrong at the beginning, he sugested that. I said no. It wasn't the problem. I encourage myself to change the situation without the need for another(coach). Toni is and will remain my coach.

Q.What have you learned ?

A.To be a little more patience. I have more experience. It is important when things aren't going so well. When things go wrong, I am nervous, but I know that it's logical to return to playing well. If it isn't tomorrow, it'll be in within two weeks, one month, three or five. Once you was up and you proved yourself that you can ... This two arn't for nothing. One can't be here and to be down.It's the most important thing this year.I was eight months without winning a title and I was anxious. When I won at Indian Wells, I started to play at a high level. Many times all that you need is a click.

Q. Have you changed your game for this?

R. On clay, I go a lot more to the net and I have made the style of play a bit different, always with my fighting spirit and a very high intensity. Now I can cut the ball, climb and voley with more guarantees. I have also improved the serve. I miss a bit of acceleration and the confidence wich gives me those 10-12 kilometers in plus in order to have a really good serve.

Q.Also you need to be more aggressive in the rest.

R. I often forget. It's something that I need to work because isn't that simple. Until when I'm in the back and I see that I play badly,that I play too much defenssive, I don't realize that I must to start to play aggressive.

Q. You are asked more than anyone about doping?

A.I don't feel that I'm more persecuted, but malteated. Many things seems to be ridiculous. When I finished the match with Ferrer, I had to stay until 12 o'clock in the evening because it didn't come out the pee. I ate on the floor.

Q. Now a positive test is sentenced with four years.

A. A Fenadol, a Vicks Vaporub... it's doping. We have to be conscious that a little error is doping. I don't know if Martina Hingis took cocaine.
    Do you think that this could help? Not for me.And, however, the public images is destroyed it.The drugs disgust me, but there are things that can't be.The players must to be more solidary and all together, that's when there is power and can protest.
    We miss unity.I'll go all December and I'll must to tell day by day where I'm going to be.This is ridiculous. You ask youself:" Who am I to be treated like a criminal?"

Q. Why Federer seems to be less injured ?

A.Because of the schedule and because he is playing in a way that makes him more difficult to be injured. Federer has an impresive innate conditions, which I'm sure that I'll do it too, but with a lot more work. I don't feel that I'm more injured that the others. I feel that a little problem becomes a big problem. This year I only lost the tournament in Marseille.

Q.Didn't you play injured in Roland Garros Final?

A.I played all Roland Garros with a numb foot, infiltrated and with anesthesia.I didn't want to go to the hospital because I didn't want to have any doubts in my head. I knew it that it was nothing serious.I had pain. I went to the hospital after the Final and I had a little contusion.

Q: In 2005 your foot injury affected you a lot. This year you've been resting for 1 month and a half due to your knees. Did it affect you in the same way?

A: It's different. I saw an exit. I knew what I had. I played because it was US Open, but I wasn't fresh mentally.I didn't see anything clear. I felt bad. I had some analysis in Mallorca and everything was quite bad: iron, defenses, ... The doctor gave me a one week for rest and I went to Ibiza. It was one of the best weeks of my life.

Q. What did you think when Federer lost against Gonzalez?

A. That it was a miracle

Q. Is it a problem that the clay season is so concentrated ?

R. It is a great disadvantage. I spend two months playing thousand of matches with the pressure of winning. For Federer is different. He has many weeks without anything. I, without the points on clay , I wouldn't be in Shanghai. I have very good season away from clay, but if something happend wrong during it, I'll be bad all year.

Q: Do you feel saturated?

A: I arrived too exhausted to Hamburg. There was a moment when my head exploited, even more against Federer. I was playing a final every week for 4 or 5 weeks, with very hard matches and pressure. All the day I was thinking about the same. There's a moment when you are tired.

Q: Chinese were suprised about your quiet personality and the aggressive image you have.

A: I don't do anything else to be different than any other guy in his 20's age. I'm a boy, a normal and common(ordinary) guy.

???

???? ??? ?? ????????...

angelnfs4

[quote author=??? link=topic=474.msg15751#msg15751 date=1201252151]
    ???? ??? ?? ????????...
    [/quote]
    A ti nisi paljevina uopste

???

???????? ??? ?? ???? (????, ?????, ??????????, ???????, ?????...) ? ??????? (??? ? ??????) ???? ?? ?? ?????? ? ???? ?? ?? ????? ? ???? ??? ? ?? ... ??????? ?? ?? ???? ???????? ?? ??????? ?? ????? ? ?? ?? ???? ????? ??????, ?????????, ??????????....

moya

Jao kakav si ti patriota ,svaka cast aj sad idi na njihove teme i ne gnjavi nas ovde. :P :P :P :P

Strana 1 od 437 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... PoslednjaPoslednja

Oznake za ovu temu

Ovlašćenja postavljanja

• Vi ne možete postavljati nove teme
  • Vi ne možete postavljati odgovore
  • Vi ne možete postavljati priloge
  • Vi ne možete menjati vaše poruke
  •