ATP - Rafael Nadal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jacques9 View Post
    Bilo bi veliko iznenađenje da DEDA dobije na sporoj šljaci RG-a.

Tamo servis&volley neče da pali kao u Madridu.

U svakom slučaju bit če zanimivo na RG-u.

Posljie ove pobede protiv Nadala i Tsitsi ide u prvi krug favorita za titulu

napisao sam u novak temi,slemovi su drugo-drugaciji tempo,tri dobijena seta etc

ipak tipujem na trojku,prvo na rafu,ali dede se bojim,namazan je svim mascama,ne bi on tek tako isao na RG
    Wizard

Comment

• Napisao sam u temi za Madrid sta mislim, da se ne ponavljam ovde.

Sto se RGa tiče, nadu mi uliva to sto Novaka i Thiema mogu dobiti vise igraca, dok Rafu samo njih dvojica i eventualno Fogna u super max modu, to je to. Mnogo zavisi od zreba.

Poslato sa ATU-L21 uz pomoć Tapatoka
      Originally posted by Casiraghi
      Al bar nauci me drugoj da se dam da tebi nevernoj budem Emre Can
      Ti nikad neces biti kao Joel Matip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxj_G6ExBTE
      Srecan Mane svima koji slave.

Comment

• Nadal se izgleda zeni u junu i najvjerovatnije propusta Vimbldon.

Comment

• otkad je zajahao Nadal jedini od aktuelnih nije izdirao iz top 10
          upravo je stigao Federera a gotovo izvjesno ce pasti i Konorsov niz od 15 god
          ukupno 6 igraca Open ere je vezalo deceniju i vise u odabranom drustvu

Code:
          ATP consecutive weeks in top 10

788 weeks Connors  27.08.1973. - 26.09.1988.
          734 weeks Federer  14.10.2002. - 31.10.2016.
          734 weeks Nadal    25.04.2005. -
          619 weeks Lendl    07.07.1980. - 11.05.1992.
          565 weeks Sampras  10.09.1990. - 02.07.2001.
          555 weeks Djokovic 19.03.2007. - 30.10.2017.

Comment

• Iskreno Nadal je imao dosta srece sa ovom statisikom. Nekoliko nedelja je bio bas 10ti na svetu. A sto se gleda bas prvih 10 a ne prvih (1000)_2 nemam pojma.

U svakom slucaju mora se priznati da je njegova konstantnost pre svega na sljaci nesto posebno.

Comment

• Nekoliko zanimivih komentara vezanih na ovu sezonu Rafe na šljaci

Can we compare Nadal’s level in 2019 on clay with Nadal’s level in 2015 on clay?

Hi, guys!

I ask myself the serious question: Can we compare Nadal's level in 2019 on clay with that of 2015 on clay? In short, can we compare the months of April, May and June 2015 with those of 2019?

I would remind you that in 2015, he did not win any tournaments before the FO. He loses to Djokovic, Fognini, Murray and Wawrinka. All very good opponents.

In Monaco, he made a great first set against the Serb. In Madrid, he reached the final very easily before being destroyed in the final. In Rome, he totally dominates the first set and loses.

When it comes to results, doesn't that remind you of 2019? He loses to Fognini, Thiem and Tsitsipas. All very good players. There too, he had some easy matches but complicated defeats.

I was wondering if we could do the same in the comparison as to its level of play?

This year, he seems very tense and anxious. Without trust. As in 2015, and knowing that it is a vicious circle. Only a title could give him confidence. As in 2015.

What do you think of that? The comparison stops with performance? Or tennis also find similarities?
              would say this is more like 2014. Both years he reached the AO final, but struggled through the clay season. In 2014 he lost to Ferrer at Monte Carlo and Almagro at Barcelona- both players who he literally owned. The win at Madrid over Nishikori didn't come easily and maybe a fit Nishikori would have beaten him. He lost in Rome to Djokovic. This year, I won't be surprised if he won't win Rome as well. In 2015 he was much worse from the start of the season and by far the worst year on tour.
              The French, however is a different issue. There is a reason why Rafa has lost only 2 best of 5 set matches on clay in his career.It is much harder to beat him in that format, and the Paris clay is perfectly suited to him. Of course more players will fancy their chances of causing an upset this time, but realistically I think it is only Djokovic who can beat him at RG. Rafa won in 2014 despite a poor overall clay season by his standards. In 2015, he was playing well at RG- but his seeding meant he had to face Djokovic in the quarters. There won't be such issues this time. The only place he can meet Djokovic will be in the finals. If they meet Djokovic has to be favourite, but then that's what I thought in 2014 as well.
              He's definitely better than in 2015. He's already had great matches this year (on clay and HC). Sure, he struggles on clay more than expected but he won't sweep clay seasons forever. In 2014 he also had problems with winning tournaments (ok, he won Madrid but Kei was very unfortunate) but still managed to up his level for RG. I still think he will be at least in a decent form in Paris (which means he will be very tough to beat).
              I think better for sure now than in 2015.
              One thing no poster is mentioning, anywhere--the competition is tougher now than it was then, in terms of Thiem, Tsitsi (when red lining) Fog now vs. then (Fog is better mentally now).

In 2015 Rafa was hitting short so much of the time, wasn't hitting his FH well.
              The Tsitsi match Rafa hit very deep and went FHDTL . But he made so many errors on easy shots--that was the real problem.
              consider what he did to Stan the match prior to that.
              When I saw Rafa do that to Stan I assumed he was "back" full force.\
              Tsitsi played better than he has ever played, and he was totally spent against Djok--making Djok look a little more invincible than he actually is.

But I think the same problem underlies the losses--nerves. I've been saying this since AO final. Rafa has the nerves problem he often has following injuries and lay-offs.
              He needs to get over this fast if he wants a chance in Rome and RG
              Concerning Nadal. He was shockingly bad in Monte Carlo, and bombed out as soon as he had to face the first decent player.

In Barcelona, he actually played a litte better, but Thiem really played an epic match there.

His exit in Madrid, his worst clay tournament, was all but a surprise. But the lack of trust and the easy mistakes at important points must be very worrying for Nadal fans.

The betting market still has him the slight favourite for RG, and I sadly have to agree. The clay beast will not go down quietly, trust me, people. But if Nadal has to face Djokovic in the final, he is done.

His form is comparable to 2014-15 but the reason for that is different this time around so can't predict based on those years

I have trouble saying who was better: Thiem in Barc or Tsitsi in Madrid, but for sure Thiem outplayed Rafa way more that Tsitsi did. I fetl Rafa never stood a chance against Thiem; he did against Tsitsi. One thing I noticed about Tsitsi: he was hitting very hard, and playing very aggressively and he was not missing!
              But still Rafa had his chances and could not profit. So many BPs, then set points, squandered.
              Also, Those 1rst serve and 2nd serve % stats can be meaningless in the end.
              Rafa won 6 points more than Tsitsi in that match.
              Plus, we already knew Thiem at his best could best Rafa when not at his best, but Tsitsi had been easy for Rafa, up till now.
              Tsitsi was so useless against Djok--classic aftermath of beating Rafa in 3.

Murray beating Nadal on clay was a low point to my mind. I just think he looked way worse in 2015. Most of the pundits thought he was finished.
              But like I said, I think the underlying issue is the same.

here's actually no comparison; he's playing well this year by the standards of 99% of other players. Just not by his own standard. It's taking excellent performances by top players to defeat him.

In 2015, on the other hand, he was terrible. Looked burnt out, hitting the wall, and on brink of retirement. His revival from those depths is staggering.

Comment

• Sutra mora da se pobedi, nema izgovora.

Comment

• Od svih komentara vezanih na prognozu finala Rima 2019 ovaj mi se skoro najviše sviđa:

Pretty hard to predict this one.. Rafa looked very impressive against Stefanos today, but i dont know if Rafa can to beat Novak mentally.
                  This match is huge for Rafa.. he need this to show himself that he can still play good tennis and beat Novak and his demons in his head

Comment

• Nadalovci čestitke na 34 hidarki.
                    Vidimo se u Parizu
                    Šampioni se ne stvaraju u teretanama. Šampioni se stvaraju od nečega što imaju duboko u sebi- želju, viziju i san. M.Ali
                    Ko sme taj može.Ko ne zna za strah taj ide napred.
                    "When the crowd is chanting Roger I hear Novak."

Comment

• BRAVO RAFA.

Zaslužena pobeda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marija81 View Post
                        Nadalovci čestitke na 34 hidarki.
                        Vidimo se u Parizu
                        Hvala Maro

Comment

• Comment

• U čitanke.

Comment

• Konacno titula
                              Eto i to je doslo, do pred RG da nema titulu ... ipak, uspeo je podici formu do odlicnog nivoa za RG ... videcemo, bice dobre konkurencije, sudeci po formi par igraca koji su dobri na ovoj podlozi.
                              Dugo nisam bila na forumu, ali ovo sto sam juce procitala, nemam reci ... ovde je skoro sve izgubljeno, respekt, objektivnost, strast, sportski duh ... steta ...
                              Last edited by Niki; 20-05-19, 19:40.

Comment

• Cestitala sam i u temi,ali nije zgoreg ponoviti.Cestitke jos jednom.Rafa je bio brutalan u prvom i trecem setu.Nole nije bio los u tim setovima,dobro je udarao lopticu,ali se vidjelo da mu fali pola koraka.
                                Voljela bih da se sretnu u finalu RG,mislim da bi to bio epski mec

Comment

Working...
                                X