• ATP - Rafael Nadal

PERSONALhttp://www.atptennis.com/5/en/player...yernumber=N409

Odg: ATP - RAFAEL NADAL

Game, set and catch: Rafael Nadal goes fishing

By SIMON KINNERSLEY Last updated at 17:44pm on 2nd June 2007
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1889

Comment

Nadal Plays with a Handicap Rafin intervju za BBC World pred AO 2008.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eySPPziNkh0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qXAyBG2mHt8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9MzX8JQbFhA

Comment

Evo jos jednog dobrog clanka iz novina.

I jedan dobar video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eEeg...eature=related

Comment

Evo sta drugi ljudi koji mnogo toga znaju o tenisu,misle o Rafi:

(2005)- Andre Agassi

(November 2005, Shanghai)-Andre Agassi

I like him (Rafael Nadal) because he's a very physical and also emotional player. It's always exciting to watch him play. He's young with loads of energy and he likes to show it.
          (May 2006) Boris Becker

www.tennis.com) Pete Bodo

I like to watch Nadal, because he's an emotion...he shows me the thrill of being a part of what's going on out there. And one thing I probably like best about that is he's not afraid to show it. So I enjoy watching him.
          (2006, Tennis Week) Jimmy Connors

".... He brings more than tennis to the court and that's something special. He has an attitude, an enthusiasm and a love for the game and the competition. That is a huge part of him and I like to see that."
          (Wimbledon 2006) J.Connors

(Jan. 2006, SIE7E magazine) Roger Federer

There are some people that say he can only play on clay and they don't have any idea of tennis.
          (RG 2006, 09/09/06, Marca) R.Federer
          He is a great fighter, and he is much better than he thinks. Do not forget that.
          R . Federer

(August 2005, Tennis Week)
          "I don't know how he has never managed to break a racket. I don't know, I guess it's obvious that he's got a better temperament than me, but I didn't break my racket today." J.McEnroe

(Think Spain, Friday, April 21, 2006)
          "- Pete Sampras
          (Oct. 2007, Texas Monthly)

Comment

Bjorn Borg: "Rafael Nadal will win Wimbledon in 2008"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYhYISFv-HI

>Meravigliosa Creatura< 2007. MS Rome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFkUhTOohik

Comment

Jedna od mojih ominjenih emisija o Rafa. Rafa 2004. godine.

The Tennis Channel featured Rafael Nadal on their show "No Strings" back in 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP15Wy13LgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13XYwgep4Vc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ7gYPkyyZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOrpnFzzLQY

Comment

Jos malo cinjenica o Rafi i intervjua sa njim - pre nego sto pocnemo da ga hvalimo ;)

Jel da da je extra?

Comment

Nadal: "There are times when you get tired of everything"

Yesterday, the Manacorian made room in his agenda to attend to Spanish special correspondents

It is always a pleasure to talk to Rafa Nadal. The interview with SPORT took place on the terrace of the players' lounge and there, in the shade, he talked a little about everything... except for his knee, that knee which has prevented him in recent days from preparing himself for the US Open as he would have wished. However, even like that, in these circumstances, Nadal is still alive in the competition. He does not know how far he will get but he can rest easy with himself for, if you do everything you possibly can, you cannot be asked to do more.

You began to think you might not even be able to play here. Would it have been a severe blow?

- I don't think so, because I'm having a great season. Things affect me when I consider I haven't done all I could have. If you have done everything and the day before you start you have the bad luck to get injured, feel a sharp pain in your knee... of course it's hard, you're here preparing for this and you're not going to be able to play. But, if that had been the case, nothing would have happened.

You have arrived here this time in perhaps the best shape ever as regards your game, sensations and preparation. Is it possible that you have made mistakes other times about how to approach the final Grand Slam of the season?

- No. I think the only time I made a mistake was in 2005. I went back home after Cincinnati and I don't think I should have done that. Last year I didn't make the same mistake but I was playing much worse tennis when I got here than I am now. Although now we're experiencing some major difficulties even though everything possible has been done to surmount them.

Have you a score to settle with New York?

- No (said very emphatically). I have high hopes of playing well in every tournament I compete in and, logically, even higher hopes for Grand Slam tournaments. But it's true that it's the only place where I haven't managed to play well. Last year I had a good tournament but I lacked confidence because I was coming from an American tour where things had not gone well.

Tennis requires discipline and routine. How do you cope with those two aspects of it?

- I've been quite disciplined since I was a child and that's no problem to me. I'm pretty serious and a worker, which is important in a sport where regularity is rewarded. I do get tired of the routine when I've been away from home for more than a month.

Have you had to sacrifice anything to get to where you are?

- Something of the normal everyday life of a boy of my age: going out with your friends and having a whale of a time, being with your family, being able to spend the summer in Mallorca... From 16 to 30 years old, which are important years in your life, I will not be able to do those things, although you're still enjoying yourself...

It's worthwhile, nevertheless..

- Of course it is. At least, I hope so...

Do you feel any type of responsiblity as world number two?

- I've never done anything thinking of that. I just try to be as courteous as possible in everything I do.

Do you notice the admiration and affection you arouse?

- If there is one thing that makes me really satisfied, it's going out on court and having the public applaud you more than your opponent. I know it's because I'm the number two in the world and not because I'm Rafa Nadal but it is really something special.

And New York adores you...

- They know me well enough, for sure.

Is Federer out of reach?

- This year has been the closest I've got to him. It depends on how this tournament ends, I could be even closer, but things look better for him than for me. It's already difficult for me to win here when I'm 100% and as I'm not, it get's even more complicated. Having this clear in your mind and having accepted it, it then boils down to doing what's possible. If I lose to David (Ferrer), then bad luck because it's difficult to do more than I have been doing. I've lost some rhythm and some concentration because of the circumstances of my injury. Today (Monday 3rd) will be the first day I've gone back to the hotel at a normal time.

Would it be worth more to be number one with Federer around?

- I think it's the number of points that tell you what you're worth.

But, going on points, you could have been number one a long time ago...

- Almost every season that I've been on the tour... because, at present, I have the number of points Sampras had when he was number one, and he is the best ever, for the moment. It would probably be more praiseworthy (with Fed.) but I know we have it really tough...

But it is not impossible...

- You must never lose hope.

Rafa, you're very young and you've managed to handle things very well...

- There are different stages. In the first, everything is new, everything goes well, it comes head on, no matter who you play, you don't feel the pressure. Then comes the worst year, the one full of tension, when you don't know if you have it in you to repeat what you've done. They are nerve wracking times. In my case, the claycourt season saved me after my injury. And after winning Roland Garros a second time, that was it... I knew I was back in the top three again. That was followed by a slump. But everything comes down to experience.

This year you're much more at ease...

- Yes. You have everything better assimilated and assumed. You know that attending to people, the media, the sponsors, is part of the job. I would never refuse to give an autograph. I do everything I think I have to do.

Does the press bother you a great deal?

No. But there are times when you get tired. You reach the point when you're tired of everything: tennis, the press, autographs, even chatting with friends. Then you must stop and begin again with a good attitude. I know that at times my attitude could be better...

Do you demand a lot of yourself?

One always asks more than normal of oneself. One thing I am quite clear about is that I would never do anything that would prejudice my tennis. I don't know if that is demanding a lot of myself. I just know that I feel good when I know I have done what I ought to do for my own well-being.

Nadal, up close

Rafa or Nadal?
                  Rafa

The sea or the mountains?
                  The sea.

Day or night?
                  Day.

Meat or fish?
                  Fish.

Black or white?
                  White. I'm afraid of the dark.

Your greatest defect?
                  Untidiness.

One great virtue?
                  Naturalness.

Running or walking?
                  I don't like either for its own sake. I like to run for a purpose and walking bores me.

The family is...
                  Essential to me. We have an excellent relationship and that helps me.

The perfect day...
                  Fishing in the morning, golf and football in the afternoon and going out on the town at night.

The person you admire most...
                  Good people.

Anything you can't stand?
                  People who wish bad on others.

Health, wealth or love?
                  Health, health.... and the rest will come in time.

Do you still not know how much money you have in the bank?
                  To be quite honest, I don't. I don't worry about it.

Life is beautiful?
                  For me, yes. There's nothing I can complain about. I consider myself privileged.

Comment

PABLO FRAILE DORADO (There's a video at this link, too)
                    http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte...196433956.html

TENNIS & FOOTBALL AGAINST MALARIASo this unique challenge, punctuated by much laughter from the duo of participants, ended in a draw; though afterwards Iker and Rafa warned us that this encounter at the Bernabeu was just the aperitive to the main dish that is to be served up on 20th December at the Madrid Arena

Each one is getting together a group of friends to play a short 7-a-side football match and 3 sets of tennis (this will be doubles according to another article I read). There might also be a group playing music, though no names have yet been disclosed. The proceeds from these matches between friends will go towards the prevention and elimination of malaria in the world's least favoured countries.[/b]

Comment

INTERVIEW: RAFAEL NADAL- World number two"I'm a better tennis player, but I can't run"

Rafael Nadal (Manacor, Mallorca, 1986) hitts passes by for about ten meters with a football ball on long corridors of Qi Zhong Stadium. Then he enters to the players zone and starts to juggle with Roger Federer. Nothing indicates that the Swiss won by 6-4 and 6-1 in the semifinals of the Masters Tournament. Nadal, who points that he had the best season of his life, takes the ball and begins to give taps with the feets( to touch it with the feets). "You are better than Maradona!" is joking Federer. Then, the world number two saluted in his name the Chinese driver of his Mercedes and responds to this newspaper.

Question. Did you play all year without a physical preparation.

Answer. I never said it because I didn't want to sounds like an excuse. I don't like to talk about injuries. I prepare myself psysicaly every day, but I cann't run. Now, in the pre-season, I'll try. From my foot problem back in 2005, I'm very careful and I avoid to run. That count. I need to have the physical as a measure to play the matches and I find it difficult because I don't have a base.

Q. How did you counterbalance this?

R. I swimming, running in the pool to catch the ground, I rowing, cycling, elliptical machine ... From my experience, I know that isn't the same as running. It gives you the same confidence. It's tough.

Q. Because of that you still don't made the counterattack in your career wich gives you the fame?

A. It's a matter of daring to support. Always I achieved a very high ball, very long, which was the best that I had. Subconsciously, my game has been adapted to these problems. Now I don't do it so aggressively, but with shorter footsteps, trying not to force it to much. Sometimes it's an obstacle. Psychologically you are spoiled. You say, 'What big pain in the ass( What a f**k up situation)! If I could be as good physically as I was in 2005 and the better tennis player that I am now! ".

Q.Do you allways played thinking to the number one. Now, Novak Djockovic threatens to take the number two.

A.I always was worried more for the back than for the front. Federer always has been very far. At one moment of the season, the press started to say that I'll be able to be number one at year's end. The annual ranking was in front and he had to defend a lot of things. The key match was Wimbledon Final.

Q. What happened in the locker room after it? Tell every story there ...

A.I hold whole ceremony well, because I didn't want to act like a child.When I arrived in the locker room, I sat down and, as it's normal after losing the final of the tournament which makes you more illusion, against number one and with a lot of opportunities, I began to cry by anger, by sadness. It was the only match of the year in which I cryed and from the few that I have done in all my life. It was very equalized. I was 20 or 25 minutes crushed. When people began to come, I sat in a bath. They came to cheer me up. I gave him thanks and I asked to leave me alone. I didn't like it to see me crying.

Q. Before, Toni, your uncle and coach, proposed to stop training you.

A.This year, when things went wrong at the beginning, he sugested that. I said no. It wasn't the problem. I encourage myself to change the situation without the need for another(coach). Toni is and will remain my coach.

Q.What have you learned ?

A.To be a little more patience. I have more experience. It is important when things aren't going so well. When things go wrong, I am nervous, but I know that it's logical to return to playing well. If it isn't tomorrow, it'll be in within two weeks, one month, three or five. Once you was up and you proved yourself that you can ... This two arn't for nothing. One can't be here and to be down.It's the most important thing this year.I was eight months without winning a title and I was anxious. When I won at Indian Wells, I started to play at a high level. Many times all that you need is a click.

Q. Have you changed your game for this?

R. On clay, I go a lot more to the net and I have made the style of play a bit different, always with my fighting spirit and a very high intensity. Now I can cut the ball, climb and voley with more guarantees. I have also improved the serve. I miss a bit of acceleration and the confidence wich gives me those 10-12 kilometers in plus in order to have a really good serve.

Q.Also you need to be more aggressive in the rest.

R. I often forget. It's something that I need to work because isn't that simple. Until when I'm in the back and I see that I play badly,that I play too much defenssive, I don't realize that I must to start to play aggressive.

Q. You are asked more than anyone about doping?

A.I don't feel that I'm more persecuted, but malteated. Many things seems to be ridiculous. When I finished the match with Ferrer, I had to stay until 12 o'clock in the evening because it didn't come out the pee. I ate on the floor.

Q. Now a positive test is sentenced with four years.

A. A Fenadol, a Vicks Vaporub... it's doping. We have to be conscious that a little error is doping. I don't know if Martina Hingis took cocaine.
                      Do you think that this could help? Not for me.And, however, the public images is destroyed it.The drugs disgust me, but there are things that can't be.The players must to be more solidary and all together, that's when there is power and can protest.
                      We miss unity.I'll go all December and I'll must to tell day by day where I'm going to be.This is ridiculous. You ask youself:" Who am I to be treated like a criminal?"

Q. Why Federer seems to be less injured ?

A.Because of the schedule and because he is playing in a way that makes him more difficult to be injured. Federer has an impresive innate conditions, which I'm sure that I'll do it too, but with a lot more work. I don't feel that I'm more injured that the others. I feel that a little problem becomes a big problem. This year I only lost the tournament in Marseille.

Q.Didn't you play injured in Roland Garros Final?

A.I played all Roland Garros with a numb foot, infiltrated and with anesthesia.I didn't want to go to the hospital because I didn't want to have any doubts in my head. I knew it that it was nothing serious.I had pain. I went to the hospital after the Final and I had a little contusion.

Q: In 2005 your foot injury affected you a lot. This year you've been resting for 1 month and a half due to your knees. Did it affect you in the same way?

A: It's different. I saw an exit. I knew what I had. I played because it was US Open, but I wasn't fresh mentally.I didn't see anything clear. I felt bad. I had some analysis in Mallorca and everything was quite bad: iron, defenses, ... The doctor gave me a one week for rest and I went to Ibiza. It was one of the best weeks of my life.

Q. What did you think when Federer lost against Gonzalez?

A. That it was a miracle

Q. Is it a problem that the clay season is so concentrated ?

R. It is a great disadvantage. I spend two months playing thousand of matches with the pressure of winning. For Federer is different. He has many weeks without anything. I, without the points on clay , I wouldn't be in Shanghai. I have very good season away from clay, but if something happend wrong during it, I'll be bad all year.

Q: Do you feel saturated?

A: I arrived too exhausted to Hamburg. There was a moment when my head exploited, even more against Federer. I was playing a final every week for 4 or 5 weeks, with very hard matches and pressure. All the day I was thinking about the same. There's a moment when you are tired.

Q: Chinese were suprised about your quiet personality and the aggressive image you have.

A: I don't do anything else to be different than any other guy in his 20's age. I'm a boy, a normal and common(ordinary) guy.

Comment

???? ??? ?? ????????...

Comment

[quote author=??? link=topic=474.msg15751#msg15751 date=1201252151]
                          ???? ??? ?? ????????...
                          [/quote]

Comment

???????? ??? ?? ???? (????, ?????, ??????????, ???????, ?????...) ? ??????? (??? ? ??????) ???? ?? ?? ?????? ? ???? ?? ?? ????? ? ???? ??? ? ?? ... ??????? ?? ?? ???? ???????? ?? ??????? ?? ????? ? ?? ?? ???? ????? ??????, ?????????, ??????????....

Comment

Jao kakav si ti patriota ,svaka cast aj sad idi na njihove teme i ne gnjavi nas ovde. :P :P :P :P

Comment

Working...
                              X