• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odg: ATP - RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafa es favorito sobre Federer'
    http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secci...=1177925292668

THE BATTLE OF SURFACES

Rafael Nadal admits he had concerns about how well he would adapt to the two different surfaces in Wednesday's exhibition match against Roger Federer, but ended up having a ball.

The match, which was played on Nadal's home island of Mallorca, saw the world's two top-ranked players pitted against each other on a court that was grass at one end and clay at the other.

Both players are undisputed champions of their respective surfaces, with Nadal extending his world-record winning streak on clay to 72 matches last week, and world number one and four-time reigning Wimbledon champion Federer dominant on grass.

It was Nadal who came out on top on the mixed surface though, winning 7-5 4-6 7-6 (12/10) in a match that proved an entertaining and enjoyable encounter for both players and fans - something the 20-year-old Nadal admits he had doubts about before the start.

"It has been a nice experience, although before the match I thought it would be a disaster because I felt it would be very difficult for me to adapt to the court," Nadal said.

"I have had a good time and that is important. Both of us would like to repeat this experience because, although the match was not a real one, it allowed us to play for points without much tension, and to play more relaxed.

"I think the public also enjoyed it and if I was a spectator it would please me to see a game between the number one and two in the world. The match may not have been a real one, but it is interesting and very good to promote tennis."

Nadal also revealed it was physically challenging to play on the two different surfaces in the same match.

"When I finished I was quite tired, as both parts of the court worked different muscles," the Spaniard said in Spanish newspaper AS.

Federer also enjoyed the experience, despite the end result.

"I found the court to be excellent, especially the clay part," the Swiss said.

"The challenge was difficult, because you have many things in your head. You have problems to work out about how you are going to play on either side of the court.

"On the grass I felt at the start that I was moving very well, although it took me a while longer to adapt to the clay," added Federer, who is hoping to be able to work with Nadal again sometime.

"Nadal and I are two tennis players with a good attitude on the court and, although we don't speak the same language, I hope to spend more time with him in the future because I think that this is good for tennis," he said.

"The experience has pleased me, but to play that way in a tournament would be difficult."

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/n...l_Federer.html

Quote:
    "Nadal and I are two tennis players with a good attitude on the court and, although we don't speak the same language, I hope to spend more time with him in the future because I think that this is good for tennis," he said.

This 'quote' has appeared in some of the Spanish press as: ... although we don't speak the same language, we spend a lot of time talking together on the tour because we have the same ideas about the game's future."

Comment

Hvala angel, super tekst i slike. Rafa i Fed su dva prava sampiona i najbolji predstavnici belog sporta. Nadam se da cemo i ove godine imati prilijku da gledamo ovu extra egzibiciju.

Comment

Comment

Rogerfan). Intervju je ura?en pre RG-a 2007.

From ESPN
          'Nadal looks for 3rd French Open'

Rafa interview and practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omYIOpPgJfM

Toni Nadal:"We are fighting to be on top. We are fighting for any possibility to be number one, but this fight is to give the maximum we can possible give. And, in the end, the most important thing is to have the dream and to do the work, nothing more."

angelnfs4
          La Batalla de las Superficies WWW.BATTLEOFSURFACES.COM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37oWzBXRYF4

La Batalla de las Superficies Nadal vs Federer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsMWXy3ttec

La Batalla de las Superficies Nadal vs Federer (2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8vOG--qB90

Nadal vs Federer battle surface exhibition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3OVQs1_lgY

Festejo de Nadal en La Batalla de las Superficies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuZfoRb9lcI

Comment

Hvala na dobrodoslici, crystal. Bas si me potsetila na fantasticnu proslu sezonu, nadam se da ce i ova biti takva.
            Interesantan video sa Nadalom... mada, ko sto sam rekla, nisam obozavatelj, mora se priznati da je decko vrlo zgodan.

Comment

Davis Cup captain understands Nadal's decision to opt out

MADRID - Rafael Nadal's decision to opt out of Spain's Davis Cup tie against Peru is understandable given the physical problems the world number two has experienced in recent seasons, captain Emilio Sanchez-Vicario said.

"The difficult thing for him about this tie is that he has been training on hard surfaces for the last four months and playing on clay for two weeks and then going back to hard courts would require a great effort," Sanchez-Vicario told sports daily AS on Tuesday.

"With his present physical limitations changes of surface are not recommended."

Nadal, who has experienced intermittent problems with an injury to his left foot since 2005, reached the semi-finals of the Australian Open, where he was beaten by unseeded Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

Spain will also be without Juan Carlos Ferrero after the former world number one decided to concentrate on the hardcourt season.

"He decided not to come because playing on clay didn't fit in with his plans," said Sanchez-Vicario.

"I always try to select the best team. I tried to convince the best players to come but it is a difficult year because of the Davis Cup and the Olympics and it isn't the best time for any player.

"I respect their decisions as I was a player too and I know about these situations."

World number five David Ferrer will spearhead the Spanish challenge in Nadal's absence for the World Group first round tie which will be played on clay at the Jockey Club in Lima between February 8 and 10.

Tommy Robredo, Fernando Verdasco and Nicolas Almagro complete the Spanish line-up.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/200801...l-29371e6.html

Comment

Nadal: "I am not above good and evil, I am equal to the others"

Radio Marca

Rafa Nadal talked to Radio Marca to explain his absence at the forthcoming Davis Cup in Peru. The Balearic tennis player said that he is not "above good and evil", in response to statements by Emilio Sanchez Vicario, Spanish team captain, in the program 'Direct Mark' presented by Jose Manuel Gozalo. "It's a not very logical, the people in tennis must know it. I arrived from Australia with ten hours time difference, now if I go to Peru it is complicated to be one hundred per cent. It's better for those who are prepared to go. I don't feel fit for this elimination. "

Nadal defended his decision not to go to play Peru and confirmed feeling committed to the Spanish team in the Davis Cup. "I am not above good and evil, I am equal to the others. I have always done what I can to play and this is the first time that I am not going voluntarily. Hope that people understand, if not, I am sorry." The player from Manacor made himself available to Sanchez Vicario for the next round. "I think we are going to win and go to the quarters. I will play the next round if the captain wants."

The world number two defended criticism of the number one Swiss Roger Federer, following his elimination in the semi-finals of the Australia Open against Novak Djokovic. "The people are exaggerating and the press is cruel and demanding. Federer has spent four or five years as a number one and you can not ask for more. This man is a monster. He lost in the semi-finals, not the first round, after eleven consecutive finals in Grand Slams. "

Nadal, who said he didn't see the final of the Australia Open bacause he played golf, also talked about the new batch of players who lead the pack in the ATP circuit. "Now people of my age are coming, I came about a little earlier than usual. There may be a generational change, but this is something that was expected. This does not mean that people like Roddick and Blake are not going to be there" he said.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/t...o/1084014.html

Comment

Ne zelim da komentarisem deo o Davis cupu, valjda svako zna sta mu je najvaznije u momentu.
                  Svidja mi se sto Rafael Nadal cvrsto stoji na zemlji i sto mu ne pada na pamet da daje preuranjene izjave:
                  [quote author=crystal link=topic=474.msg16168#msg16168 date=1201701368]
                  The world number two defended criticism of the number one Swiss Roger Federer, following his elimination in the semi-finals of the Australia Open against Novak Djokovic. "The people are exaggerating and the press is cruel and demanding. Federer has spent four or five years as a number one and you can not ask for more. This man is a monster. He lost in the semi-finals, not the first round, after eleven consecutive finals in Grand Slams. "
                  [/quote]

Comment

Crystal !

Uvek me odusevis :-*

Comment

From The Times
                      May 9, 2007

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle1763903.ece

Comment

Crystal, hvala za info! Slike su divne!

Comment

Crystal, clanci su extra bas a za slike cu te ubiti, koliko ce mi trebati da ih skinem i odaberem najlepsu? :o ;) :-* :-* :-*

Comment

Koje slike!

Hvala Crystal

Comment

Zamro nam forum

Pitala sam rainbow_xtina (?lana foruma na Rafinom oficijam sajtu) da li mogu da kopiram na ovom forumu neke delove iz njenog bloga sa AO-a 2008. Kako sam dobila potvrdan odgovor (rainbow_xtina "Yes sure you can post my comments there and give credit. I'm more than happy to share my experinces with everyone!") kopira?u neke zanimljivije delove iz njenog bloga. Hvala rainbow_xtina sa rafaelnadal.com

rainbow_xtina

Although I'm a Roger fan, I like/respect many other players as well but recently I don't like Novak anymore, not because he beat Roger (anyway Roger was sick that time from food poisoining) but because of him being so arrogant saying that the world is tired of seing Roger and Rafa (yes he mention the names specifically) and they want to see new players. He then go on to say he is attractive! Oh dear! hahah!!! And his mother even said "The king is dead!" referring to Roger!!! OMG!!! I have no idea how arrogant they were since I meet his family as well during his practice. I didn't manage to talk to Novak but I talked with his younger brother who is playing the AO junior (15 years old) for a while and took a picture with him.

Rafa is so much more respectful to all the players and I know that he is a good friend of Roger as well. He is the first tennis player that I saw upclose. When I first saw him, I suddenly became very nervous! He was just there talking to some friends in the hotel lobby. It took me so long to finnally find my courage to ask him for a photo (maybe I should ask him out! lol!). I remembered I was shivering as I walked up to him! hahah!!
                              I saw him again at night with Tess and took the group picture! I was so worried if Rafa remembers me! And everytime I was watching him at practice court, I'm worried if he remembers me!!! Once I even wave to him and smiled a cheeky grin when he looked my way!! I probably scared him LOL!!! But it was so fun. The other time when he signed an autograph for me, I said "Gracias, Good luck for tommorow" (the Tsonga match) and he reply me "Thank you!"

Okey here is the picture!

From left to right, Rafa, me (Melissa), Carlos, Tess

I'll post some more of his practice pictures later!!!

Nastavi?e se.

Veliko hvala rainbow_xtina

Comment

Crystal , jos jednom si me prijatno iznenadila! :-*
                                Ja takodje volim da citam blogove, jer su zanimljivi i puni raznih dozivljaja.
                                Mnogo si me obradovala postujuci ovaj deo bloga Rainbow_Xtina

Comment

Working...
                                X